Remote Maintenance Lead
Posted on Wednesday, January 3, 2024
At Proxima Fusion, we're driven by a bold mission – to redefine the future of sustainable energy. Our unique concept, built upon the groundbreaking W7-X stellarator and the latest advances in technology, paves the way for commercially viable fusion power plants.
Our work in stellarator optimization, powered by cutting-edge computation and machine learning, is propelling us into uncharted territories of fusion technology. New higher performance design points are unlocked by high temperature superconducting magnets and we're leveraging this technology with advanced computational design capabilities.
We're on a journey to redefine the energy landscape, ensuring a sustainable future for generations to come.
Proxima Fusion seeks an experienced and entrepreneurial engineer to lead the conceptual design of all stellarator maintenance systems. Join us as a key engineering leader, collaborating with industrial partners and world-leading experts to drive simpler, more robust stellarators towards economic viability. Fusion R&D or nuclear industry experience is desirable but not necessary.
If you have:
- Experience in the rapid development of large-scale mechanical systems from concept to production;
- Design expertise for remote or automated handling under severe constraints;
- Managed radioactive contamination in fusion experiments or the nuclear fission industry;
- Familiarity with fusion technologies like cryogenics, vacuum seals, automated welding, and low activation materials;
- Experience in the design and construction of fusion devices, especially tokamaks or stellarators, or major scientific experiments;
- Team management experience in high-growth organizations;
You will help us:
- Set the strategic vision for the development of remote maintenance concepts, planning, and leading technical execution;
- Managing relationships and projects with external partners;
- Exploring fundamental system design concepts, defining the entire device;
- Evaluating engineering feasibility and trade-offs for key components;
- Designing systems for compatibility with operational and regulatory constraints.
In return, you will get:
- Fulfilling Mission: Work on harnessing the universe's fundamental energy source that powers the stars. If you want to contribute directly to transforming the way we produce energy in the world, Proxima is the place to be.
- Incredible Team: Join a mission-driven, team-oriented, excellence-seeking team from all over the globe. We're working on fusion to change the world and we thrive in a supportive and rewarding environment.
- World-Leading Partners: We are supported by internationally renowned groups, industrial companies and technical advisors with experience built on groundbreaking fusion experiments.
- Shared Success: Live the success of the company by taking part in a generous stock options program. We aim for every team member to feel a shared sense of ownership, responsibility, and pride.
- Healthy Environment: We take care of each other, while pushing ourselves to our best - we are on a marathon, not a sprint. We offer language courses for team members and their families. Every team member receives a ticket for free public transport in Munich and on all regional trains in Germany.
Proxima Fusion is firmly committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse work environment. We embrace the principles of equality and stand against discrimination on the basis of age, disability, gender, race, religion or belief, gender reassignment, marriage/civil partnership, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation.
Our organizational culture values and promotes equal opportunities for everyone, recognizing that a diverse team brings a richness of perspectives and contributes to our overall success. We encourage and welcome applications from candidates with various backgrounds, talents, and potential. Our selection process is solely based on individual merit, ensuring fair and impartial consideration for all applicants.