Business Development Associate
We're looking for a motivated and driven who will help us shape our team, drive the company to the next level, and have the most direct influence on our success.
Your Tasks – Paint the world green
- In a hybrid role primarily based at our office in Culver City, CA, you work with the Director of Business and the Sr. Business Development Manager to take on any tasks and projects needed to grow FlixBus’s business in the US & Canada.
- You manage and grow relationships with intercity bus carriers who are partnering with FlixBus to offer integrated ticketing and seamless connections across our national network.
- You identify new business opportunities, operators and stakeholders in the industry, present our business model, negotiate contracts with potential partners, and foster long-lasting relationships.
- You analyze various internal and external data sources to help the US team develop a deeper understanding of both internal KPIs and the broader intercity bus industry, helping shape and focus future efforts.
- You work cross functionally with teams including Operations, Planning, Government Relations, and Finance in their joint work with the Business Development team, including launching new geographies, monthly calculations, settlements, and payments to partners, and other projects as needed.
- You help develop processes, coordinate a variety of projects, making sure the interactions between departments are fluid and results are delivered in a timely manner.
- Your work is always customer driven and promotes a strong customer experience.
Your Profile – Ready to hop on board
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Ideally 1-2 years of experience in an externally facing role, ideally in a growth-stage start up.
- Comfortable in a startup environment: entrepreneurial spirit, full of ambition, analytically-minded, data-driven, and not afraid of rapid change.
- Entrepreneurial mindset and the ability to deal with ambiguity is highly valued.
- Excellent skills in English, skills in other languages a plus, especially Spanish.
- Affinity for car-alternative, environmentally friendly modes of transportation.
- Able to work collaboratively within and across teams.
Our Perks – More than just a job
- You have an impact. With innovation and smart technology, we are creating the easiest way to travel. We want your ideas and give you autonomy to make them reality.
- Flix is flexible. Organize your own schedule with trust-based hours and up to 60 days of working from (m)anywhere. We are an office-first company, and we encourage all employees to come regularly to their local office.
- Travelling is our passion. Discover the world with your free Flix rides and bring along your friends and family for half price.
- Teamwork makes the dream work. Our FlixTeam has people from over 80 different nations. We work in a multicultural environment where we can challenge and support each other.
- We're not only green in color. We’re building for the long term, and that means protecting our planet. We constantly test new green technologies and compensate for the CO2 after all our business travel since 2018.
- Your well-being is important to us. To treat your mind and body we will give you a competitive paid time off package, mental health support including 1:1 consultations with a psychologist
The salary range for this role is commensurate with experience and skills: $65,000-$75,000.
Want to rewrite the history of mobility with us? Then join our ride and apply now. We're excited to hear from you!
We are a global mobility provider with headquarters in Europe and the United States. Since 2013, we have changed the way millions of people have traveled, offering new alternatives for convenient, affordable and eco-friendly travel. Thanks to a unique business model and innovative technology, we have quickly established one of the largest long-distance mobility networks in the world – and our journey has just begun.
The following video shows our amazing success story: