Software Engineer (f/m/x)
Join our engineering team and take an active role in shaping our engineering culture. We want your help in designing a software architecture and development process that will allow us to scale rapidly in the coming years. We expect you to bring in best practices for software design and development processes to effectively build our scalable cloud-based B2B SaaS software. At the same time, you should not be afraid "to get your hands dirty" and should have a strong desire to help us solve our most difficult implementation challenges.
How you succeed
Contribute to all aspects of our development:
- Together with the rest of the product & engineering team, rapidly ship prototypes and features in short iteration cycles to effectively deliver the most value for our customers.
- Work on our biggest implementation and debugging challenges. Participate in code and design reviews and share your knowledge with other engineers on our team.
Our Tech Stack 🛠
As engineers, we are hugely passionate about the tools that we build with. Some of them are:
- Tailwind, Storybook, React and Nextjs
- trpc.io and Prisma ORM for seamless type safety from database to frontend.
- Playwright and Jest
- Postgresql and Azure as the rock solid foundation
Of course, our tech stack is constantly evolving as our requirements shift. We are always happy to incorporate input from new hires on tools that they are passionate about.
P.S.: You're wondering why there isn't a list of concrete skill requirements in the job description? We believe it's more important that you are excited about the role and want to grow with it, instead of fulfilling some specific high-level requirements. We think there can be numerous different paths that could qualify you for this role, and we want to hear YOUR story.
Whom you will be working with
- Lorenz (CTO) and the rest of our engineering team.
- Christoph (Product), who collects user feedback from sales and our development partners and structures our discovery and delivery process.
- Eileen (UX Design), who ensures that our app is a joy to use.
What to expect
- We’re here to decarbonize the industry - and want you to be, too. That’s why you’ll receive a very competitive and entrepreneurial compensation package with a relevant equity component.
- We’re a team that embraces the unknown. We work in cross-functional teams to tackle ambitious challenges, provide feedback on everything we see, and are passionate about asking the "dumb" questions.
- We’re a random set of people. But that’s what makes it an awesome experience. Coming from diverse background, disciplines and cultures and bringing in our unique views is at the core of what we do. We’re always eager to learn from one another.
- We offer an environment that puts your needs first. You’ll get access to sponsored EGYM Wellpass to find inner peace at Yoga or your inner monkey at bouldering. Putting your needs first also applies to your tech - are you team VSCode or Webstorm?
- We’re here for fun, too. From Friday events to company offsites in the Alps or daily Kicker and darts sessions.
- Introduction call with Saskia - get to know Tanso and ask all of your questions
- Role Call with Lorenz - understand your role and our tech stack
- Architecture challenge with Lorenz
- Pair programming exercise with one of our Engineers
- Meet the team and one of the other Founders Gyri & Till
- Offer - congrats, we’d love to have you on the team! It’s now time to discuss the details