Propulsion Test Engineer
A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. We take pride in pushing the boundaries of engineering, technology and customer experience.
As part of a team, you will tackle challenges and deliver something that has never been done before. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with a world-class entrepreneurial team of more than 950 people who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
You will always act with safety and integrity in mind and embody our core behaviors of efficient and positive collaboration, ownership of time, continuous improvements and, ultimately delivering results.
We thrive on diversity and creating an inclusive culture, with more than 50 nationalities currently working hard to bring our vision of a sustainable world to life.
Test Engineer – Propulsion
Your role and your team:
The Laboratory Testing department is responsible for component, system, and aircraft level ground tests. Our teams prepare and conduct tests that facilitate research, development, and certification in the technology areas of propulsion, batteries, structures, and environmental testing.
In this role, you will work in the Propulsion Testing team, which is responsible for preparing and conducting tests on the propulsion system. We collaborate closely with the design team to ensure the most effective testing approach for our product.
As a Test Engineer, you will have end-to-end responsibility of a test campaign from its initial request until the delivery of the test data: test assessment, preparation, commissioning, execution and reporting, while thoroughly following our test processes.
Your day to day:
- Review of the test request and refinement together with the design team
- Preparation of a test concept
- Detailed design of the test & measurement setup
- Coordination of technicians, suppliers, and other support teams
- Planning of the test execution, including test procedure and risk assessments
- Hands-on execution of the test
- Post-processing of the data and results reporting
- Create and review engineering documentation for our test setups and results
- Feedback your findings and opinion to the design team for product improvement
- Support resource and workload planning and coordination with interfacing teams
- Be a role model for a safe work environment in the laboratory
- Constantly learn new things about our test articles and the way we test them – and share them with the rest of the team
- University degree in Aerospace Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field (M.Sc/M.Eng preferred)
- Good knowledge and experience in propulsion testing is required
- Good knowledge and experience in measurement methods and instrumentation is required
- Good knowledge of data analysis and post-processing is required
- Good knowledge and experience in processes, methods, and best practices of testing within the aerospace industry is beneficial
- Good knowledge and experience in testing multi-kW electrical machines are beneficial
- Good knowledge of a CAD system (Siemens NX preferred) is beneficial
- Driven individual with the ability to probe and challenge assumptions
- Ability to work with incomplete requirements and to anticipate customer needs
- High level of self-reliance with the ability to work in a diverse team
- Target-oriented work style with analytic problem-solving skills is required
- Ability and willingness to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing work environment
- Fluent English language skills are essential, fluent German or any other language is beneficial
Want to know more? Then view our 'Why join Lilium' page!
Life at Lilium:
The wellbeing of our employees is a high priority. In our HQ we have many initiatives such as free healthy food and drinks, free in-house gym and health days. In remote offices we offer online opportunities to stay connected and develop yourself as well including our culture club, learning terminal, Employee Assistance Program and many more.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.