Cloud Platform Engineer
A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. We take pride in pushing the boundaries of engineering, technology and customer experience.
As part of a team, you will tackle challenges and deliver something that has never been done before. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with a world-class entrepreneurial team of more than 950 people who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
You will always act with safety and integrity in mind and embody our core behaviors of efficient and positive collaboration, ownership of time, continuous improvements and, ultimately delivering results.
We thrive on diversity and creating an inclusive culture, with more than 50 nationalities currently working hard to bring our vision of a sustainable world to life.
Cloud Platform Engineer
Your role and your team:
As part of the IT Infrastructure team, you will be accountable for designing, implement and running Lilium’s Cloud platforms, services and solutions.
Our IT team enables our business with flexible, scalable, fit-for-purpose and secure IT solutions, covering all areas from Digital Workplace, Identity and Access Management, Connectivity, Cloud platform engineering as well as highly secure, high performance and reliable datacenter services.
Your Day to Day:
- Service owner of Cloud platform operational processes across Lilium.
- Act as Subject Matter Expert and maintain global Cloud services and solutions following company best practices and industry frameworks
- Design, develop and deliver cloud solutions that support business initiatives on their journey towards the public cloud using technology services through automation and self-service capabilities for efficiency, availability and usability
- Manage & improve the Azure Cloud and VMware platforms in terms of automation, security baselines, reporting and compliance capabilities, manageability, and integration to key components used within IT Infrastructure.
- Create automated workflows and CI/CD pipelines for the application development teams
- Collaborate with internal teams such as Cyber Security, Global IT and Business to assess requirements and propose robust and efficient solutions that deliver the value requested
- Maintain an understanding of current and emerging Hybrid/Public Cloud and datacenter trends, evaluate new technologies and solutions, participate in strategic and technical architecture efforts to maintain and advance service offerings
- Responsible for developing, maintaining and operating procedures and user guides
- Ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability related to cloud and datacenter services
- Monitor and maintain Platform/infrastructure/network performance, capacity and availability, providing 2nd and 3rd level of support for the resolution of platform-related incidents and problems.
- Bachelor’s degree in technology or computer science, or similar working experience
- 5+ more years of experience designing and managing Cloud and datacenter infrastructure
- Experience with configuring, deploying and operating public cloud services, Azure preferred and AWS good to have.
- Basic familiarity with network features – e.g., cloud network topology, BGP, routing, web (REST) APIs
- Knowledge and experience in designing, developing and deploying secure, scalable and modern cloud solutions mainly based on cloud-native and PaaS services
- Experience with Infrastructure-as-Code concepts, scripting languages and tooling like Terraform, Packer, Ansible, Python and setting up CI/CD pipelines
- GIT knowledge is a plus
- Database management experience is a plus (e.g. SQL)
- Comfortable with Agile practices and methodologies (Scrum & Kanban)
- A DevOps mindset is a must-have
- Familiar with Windows and/or Linux system administration
- Experience or strong knowledge with ITIL framework
- Ability to work in a highly energetic, dynamic and fast-moving environment
- Willing and able to take on new and unfamiliar IT technologies, constant learning
- Strong motivation to help build and shape the organisation, structures and processes
- High level of self-reliance with the ability to work in a team, as well as autonomously
- Fluent English language skills are essential, any other languages would be beneficial
Certifications, not required but helpful:
- Microsoft Azure Solutions Architect
- Microsoft Azure Administrator Associate
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate
- AWS Certified SysOps Administrator – Associate
- ITIL 4 Foundation
Want to know more? Then view our 'Why join Lilium' page!
Life at Lilium:
The wellbeing of our employees is a high priority. In our HQ we have many initiatives such as free healthy food and drinks, free in-house gym and health days. In remote offices we offer online opportunities to stay connected and develop yourself as well including our culture club, learning terminal, Employee Assistance Program and many more.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.