Aircraft Maintenance Engineer
A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. We take pride in pushing the boundaries of engineering, technology and customer experience.
As part of a team, you will tackle challenges and deliver something that has never been done before. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with a world-class entrepreneurial team of more than 800 people who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
You will always act with safety and integrity in mind and embody our core behaviors of efficient and positive collaboration, ownership of time, continuous improvements and, ultimately delivering results.
We thrive on diversity and creating an inclusive culture, with more than 50 nationalities currently working hard to bring our vision of a sustainable world to life.
Your role and your team:
In this role, you report to the Maintenance Operations Manager and work closely with our Ground & Maintenance Team, Flight Test Team, and the Operations Manufacturing Engineering team. While taking responsibility to secure required inputs from our Ground Maintenance Team, Flight Test Team, and managing oversight of the applicable scheduled and unscheduled maintenance tasks, you maintain the overall maintenance schedule securing on time work-package enablement for high quality and on time maintenance execution.
In this context we are looking for an ambitious and experienced Aircraft Maintenance and Service expert who can demonstrate aviation business experience of at least 5 years in a similar role within a P21G or P145 Organization joining our team of manufacturing engineers focused on delivering a Quality Management System compliant Part21G maintenance business to keep airworthiness of our flight-tested Aircraft. As a Maintenance Planner you will enable the Aircraft Maintenance Team in securing aviation standard, maintenance tasks and guarantee an aircraft availability meeting the flight test program demands.
Your Day to Day:
- Setup and maintain the operational Maintenance Schedule considering
- Scheduled Maintenance tasks as required by the maintenance schedule
- Unscheduled Maintenance tasks ( identified technical issues / trouble shouting )
- Oversight on time or cycle controlled items/parts
- Rectification / correction of deferred Items
- FTI ( Flight test Instrumentation ) Installations
- Oversight and control of the maintenance master to maintain an up-to-date maintenance schedule
- Coordination of spare part needs in close collaboration with our Logistic and Procurement Team to enable on time maintenance tasks.
- Coordination of required manufacturing documentation (Work-Orders, SOP’s, Task cards ) to enable scheduled maintenance tasks in conformity to applicable design data
- Plan and coordinate the daily workload in alignment with the Ho Part21G Maintenance Operations and his/her Shift leads for efficient resource management
- Interface/coordinate maintenance activates in alignment with Flight Test and our Program Function
- Collaborate closely with the Design Organization Engineers and PO Quality team to develop, manage, and improve the value stream, enabling fast Issue and non-conformance management
- Mentor your teammates as the resident expert when translating maintenance data into manufacturing data
- Contribute to the daily GND Maintenance governance and support the implementation of lean methods (e.g. SQCDP, Process Confirmation)
- Aeronautical /Mechanical/ Industrial/ Electrical Engineering degree – excellent grade
- Min of 5 years of experience in a POA (Part21G) or MOA (Part145) environment as Manufacturing Engineer or Maintenance Planner focused on aircraft maintenance and service.
- Experience in occupational and aviation safety aspects to secure safe maintenance execution
- Excellent analytical capabilities with a drive to challenge the status quo; eager to learn; puts the team first; resilient with a passion for achieving mission objectives; uses failure as a learning experience; excellent communicator with a high sense of urgency
- Demonstrated expertise with technical Aircraft Log-Book, FOD, and Tool Control processes as guiding principle in an Maintenance environment
- Good level of understanding to flight safety and aviation mindset and behaviour
- Must be proactive, good communicator and able to gain credibility across all levels of the organisation.
- Must be able to read, understand and work with complex and detailed technical aircraft documentation / design data and applicable maintenance documents
- Experience in creation of manufacturing documents (Work-Orders, Standard Operating Procedures, Task-Cards, and managing Non-Conformities)
- Target-oriented work approach with analytic problem-solving skills required
- IT Skills: Microsoft Office, ERP, MES and CAD
- Fluent English reading / writing required. Spansih and German language is a plus
Want to know more? Then view our 'Why join Lilium' page!
Life at Lilium:
The wellbeing of our employees is a high priority. In our HQ we have many initiatives such as free healthy food and drinks, free in-house gym and health days. In remote offices we offer online opportunities to stay connected and develop yourself as well including our culture club, learning terminal, Employee Assistance Program and many more.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.