Principal System Engineer - FCS
A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. We take pride in pushing the boundaries of engineering, technology and customer experience.
As part of a team, you will tackle challenges and deliver something that has never been done before. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with a world-class entrepreneurial team of more than 800 people who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
You will always act with safety and integrity in mind and embody our core behaviors of efficient and positive collaboration, ownership of time, continuous improvements and, ultimately delivering results.
We thrive on diversity and creating an inclusive culture, with more than 50 nationalities currently working hard to bring our vision of a sustainable world to life.
Your Day to Day:
· Contribute to the development of Design Model for the Fly-by-Wire Flight Control System (FCS) and participate in system safety and cyber-security, architecture, and software development activities.
· Specify, design, and develop safety-critical models and software according to the internal process (ARP4754A and DO-331 compliant).
· Contribute to all required life cycle data (e.g.: System requirements, system safety architecture, low level design and source code) as part of an integrated cross functional team.
· Define functional architecture of the system using Mathworks toolchain, develop interfaces, safety monitors and execute the simulations.
· Collaborate with internal teams (E.g: Cyber-security, Safety and Avionics)
· Provide support in FCS Certification Activities
· B.Sc/M.Sc/M.Eng in System Engineering, Software Engineering.
· At least 12 years of experience in airborne systems development, preferably civil sector.
· At least 5 years of development experience in accordance with ARP4754A and DO-331.
· Previous experience with DO-331 supplement (Model-Based Development and Verification) is highly desirable.
· Strong expertise in requirements engineering and modelling.
· Hands-on experience in MATLAB and Simulink is required.
· High level of self-reliance with the ability to work in a team, as well as autonomously is required.
· Strong motivation and passion to contribute developing a new technology and bringing it to the market.
· Target-oriented, driven work style with willingness to proactively overcome impediments in everyday activities and interaction with colleagues is required.
Want to know more? Then view our 'Why join Lilium' page!
Life at Lilium:
The wellbeing of our employees is a high priority. In our HQ we have many initiatives such as free healthy food and drinks, free in-house gym and health days. In remote offices we offer online opportunities to stay connected and develop yourself as well including our culture club, learning terminal, Employee Assistance Program and many more.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.