Senior Manufacturing Engineer - Avionics
A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. We take pride in pushing the boundaries of engineering, technology and customer experience.
As part of a team, you will tackle challenges and deliver something that has never been done before. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with a world-class entrepreneurial team of more than 800 people who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
You will always act with safety and integrity in mind and embody our core behaviors of efficient and positive collaboration, ownership of time, continuous improvements and, ultimately delivering results.
We thrive on diversity and creating an inclusive culture, with more than 50 nationalities currently working hard to bring our vision of a sustainable world to life.
Your role and your team:
Are you ready to be at the forefront of revolutionizing air mobility? As we embark on the exciting journey towards serial production of our ground-breaking Lilium jet, we are seeking an ambitious and skilled Manufacturing Engineer to join our world-class manufacturing engineering product team! We are looking for an avionics expert specializing in avionics and flight control system installation and testing, and ground testing to drive our unique aircraft assembly line.
Your Day to Day:
- Working as the avionics specialist, you will collaborate with the design team to ensure Design for Manufacture and assembly, working towards high-rate, cost-effective manufacturing.
- Accountable for product development, first article development, configuration change implementation, and definition of the build process of avionics systems in the final assembly line.
- Own major supplier interactions relating to manufacturing engineering for avionics systems. Defining conditions of supply and efficient, high-quality product flow capable of scaling with time.
- Drive the assembly’s first manufacturing effort through design, integration, assembly sequencing, and mBOM development.
- Lead collaboration exercises across teams during the design phase to develop, manage, and proactively identify gaps early..
- Support digital processes for high volume production logistics, process definition, and planning
- Secure quality assurance and a suitable control plan along the whole value chain
We are looking for a skilled manufacturing engineer with proven knowledge of avionics assemblies and testing and a degree within Mechanical, Electronics, Electrical Engineering disciplines.
A great communicator and team worker who loves to collaborate to gets things done, you will be adept at working cross-functionally - in this role, you will partner with departments like Design Engineering, Quality, Procurement and Program Management. A practical person with a hands-on mentality who takes a resilient approach to failures; treating them as learning opportunities.
- Ability to read, write and comprehend blueprints
- Demonstrated expertise in fundamental principles, design, fabrication, and safe handling in high-volume and/or rapid-growth operational environments.
- Strong track record in driving high-impact projects to completion
- Experience in developing bench marking and new product introduction best practices
- Lean awareness - Simplification mindset, continuous improvement, health & safety conscious.
- ICT Skills: Microsoft Office, ERP, MES and CAD and or various computer systems, NX preferred
Want to know more? Then view our 'Why join Lilium' page!
Life at Lilium:
The wellbeing of our employees is a high priority. In our HQ we have many initiatives such as free healthy food and drinks, free in-house gym and health days. In remote offices we offer online opportunities to stay connected and develop yourself as well including our culture club, learning terminal, Employee Assistance Program and many more.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.