Team Lead - HIL Test Engineer
A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. We take pride in pushing the boundaries of engineering, technology and customer experience.
As part of a team, you will tackle challenges and deliver something that has never been done before. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with a world-class entrepreneurial team of more than 800 people who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
You will always act with safety and integrity in mind and embody our core behaviors of efficient and positive collaboration, ownership of time, continuous improvements and, ultimately delivering results.
We thrive on diversity and creating an inclusive culture, with more than 50 nationalities currently working hard to bring our vision of a sustainable world to life.
The Test and Experimental team is responsible for various disciplines covering component, system, and whole aircraft tests. It is set up in three divisions: Testing, Test Management and Test Operations. Our team runs tests that facilitate certification, development, and research for the technology areas: Propulsion Systems, Energy Storage, Structures, Environmental Tests, and Hardware in the Loop (HIL).
You will report directly the Engineering Manager of Test Software, and you will be working on System Integration, open and closed loop Hardware In the Loop (HIL) simulation of aircraft systems and subsystems, and also data acquisition (DAQ) set up for the tests.
As a Team Leader you will be responsible for leading and overseeing the design and integration of sophisticated test rigs, implementation of semi/fully automated test cases within a system integration and testing environment including the instrumentation, test execution, data recording, evaluating the test results and the corresponding problem reporting. In your daily work you will closely collaborate with our world most talented development team members in different disciplinaries like avionics, autonomous flight, propulsion, energy etc.
As a Team Leader HIL Test Engineer you will be responsible for:
- Lead the software development of HIL test benches/rigs for the system and sub-system level tests of aircraft.
- Act as a voice of the Test Software team, providing leadership and guidance to the Test Software Team
- Maintain a safe working culture in all Lilium test facilities
- Develop strategy to collaborate and liaise with different software development teams in Lilium
- Develop and maintain process and guidelines within the team
- Take ownership of all control and data acquisition equipment within the Lab Test Department
- Identification of different instrumentation requirements in relation to aircraft, system, and sub-system specifications in liaison with the Instrumentation team
- Advise the development of custom test equipment for data acquisition, measurement, failure injection etc. including creation of procedures and documentation.
- Advise the development of custom test equipment for System Integration system with Avionics or Integrated Modular Avionics Systems.
- Advise the development custom test equipment for System Integration system with High Voltage Distribution Unit
- Evaluation of test reports and the test results.
- Report and discuss test results with the system development team.
- Work on any ad hoc related tasks or projects provided by management.
- Electrical/Electronics, Mechanical, Mechatronics Engineering, Physics or a related field required.
- 7+ years of professional hands-on experience with Matlab/Simulink, Simulink-RT Modelling, Labview RT and interfacing electronic control unit features into HIL framework. Simulink coder experience is a plus.
- 5+ years of professional hands-on experience in test & test rig instrumentation, test execution & data processing.
- Experience and familiarity with HIL test systems like Speedgoat or NI.
- Strong knowledge of Bus modelling & Simulation and HIL development Experience and knowledge in electrical and communication architectures. Experience with DO178 is a plus.
- Good knowledge and experience in aerospace testing processes, measurement methods, and calibration.
- Good understanding of mechatronics basics on sensors, actuators, and controller systems.
- Good knowledge of development lifecycle and ERP tools is a plus.
- Experience in agile software development using planning tool (eg. Jira) is a plus.
- High level of self-reliance with the ability to work in a team, as well as autonomous.
- Target-oriented, driven work style with analytic problem-solving skills required.
- Fluent English language skills are essential, Fluent German or any other language would be beneficial.
Want to know more? Then view our 'Why join Lilium' page!
Life at Lilium:
The wellbeing of our employees is a high priority. In our HQ we have many initiatives such as free healthy food and drinks, free in-house gym and health days. In remote offices we offer online opportunities to stay connected and develop yourself as well including our culture club, learning terminal, Employee Assistance Program and many more.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.