Verification and Certification Engineer - IMA
A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. We take pride in pushing the boundaries of engineering, technology and customer experience.
As part of a team, you will tackle challenges and deliver something that has never been done before. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with a world-class entrepreneurial team of more than 800 people who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
You will always act with safety and integrity in mind and embody our core behaviors of efficient and positive collaboration, ownership of time, continuous improvements and, ultimately delivering results.
We thrive on diversity and creating an inclusive culture, with more than 50 nationalities currently working hard to bring our vision of a sustainable world to life.
At Lilium, we're on a mission to do something extraordinary. Join our world-class team of over 800 passionate individuals from 50 nationalities and help shape the future of sustainable aviation.
As an System Engineer - IMA Verification, you'll play a pivotal role in developing a groundbreaking Integrated Modular Avionics (IMA) Platform. Your focus will extend to avionics integration and the automation of test execution in our System Integration Laboratory, contributing to the Lilium Jet's safety and certification.
- Participate in the full lifecycle development of an IMA System of eVTOL aircraft, adhering to industry standards (ARP4754A).
- Spearhead avionics integration efforts, ensuring seamless collaboration with IMA resource users and Core Avionics Suppliers.
- Develop and implement automation strategies for test development and execution in the System Integration Laboratory.
- Drive verification efforts compliant with ARP4754A, DO-297, and MOC SC-VTOL objectives.
- Collaborate closely with airworthiness teams, external suppliers, and stakeholders for successful integration.
- Support IMA integration with actual and simulated aircraft system and equipment
- Bachelor’s degree in Aerospace Engineering, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or a related field.
- 7+ years of experience in airborne systems and/or software engineering (civil aviation experience is a plus).
- Knowledge of ARP4754A and DO-297.
- Experience in avionics integration and automation of test execution in a System Integration Laboratory.
- Familiarity with Model Based Systems Engineering (Capella) and Model Based Design (Mathworks) principles and tools.
- Experience in EASA/FAA audits.
- Strong coordination and communication skills.
- Fluency in English, German language skills are a plus.
Life at Lilium:
This is an incredible opportunity to be at the forefront of a groundbreaking industry and work with a dynamic and innovative team. We offer competitive compensation packages, excellent benefits, and the chance to work with the latest tools and technologies in aerospace system engineering. If you have a passion for aerospace and eVTOL, and want to work on challenging and rewarding projects, apply today!
Want to know more? Then view our 'Why join Lilium' page!
Life at Lilium:
The wellbeing of our employees is a high priority. In our HQ we have many initiatives such as free healthy food and drinks, free in-house gym and health days. In remote offices we offer online opportunities to stay connected and develop yourself as well including our culture club, learning terminal, Employee Assistance Program and many more.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.