Senior Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) Specialist - Aerospace
A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. We take pride in pushing the boundaries of engineering, technology and customer experience.
As part of a team, you will tackle challenges and deliver something that has never been done before. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with a world-class entrepreneurial team of more than 800 people who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
You will always act with safety and integrity in mind and embody our core behaviors of efficient and positive collaboration, ownership of time, continuous improvements and, ultimately delivering results.
We thrive on diversity and creating an inclusive culture, with more than 50 nationalities currently working hard to bring our vision of a sustainable world to life.
Your role and your team:
Reporting to the Head of Safety, Health & Environment, you will work in the Corporate Safety and Quality team to:
- Foster a safe and healthy environment. For that reason, we are looking for an ambitious, reliable, critical-thinking, analytical and hands-on person to support us in our mission to achieve the highest aviation safety, health, and environmental standards.
- Support the Corporate and Engineering Lab Tests teams in complying with local legal regulations and creating internal group processes with the predominant focus on safety.
Your day to day:
- Implement theoretical background knowledge into practical, efficient solutions tailored for a testing organization.
- Hazard evaluation on various workplaces, including workshops, test areas, and operator stations.
- Coordination and support risk assessments for test rigs, test setups, and workshops (together with the team).
- Elaboration of Standard Operating Procedures for test rigs and setups, machines, tools, and chemicals.
- Identification and implementation of best practices in alignment with the lab testing organization.
- Following the company HSE directives, develop a customised HSE management system framework and dedicated programs, including training and organizational guidance, coaching and support, to grow an overall culture that recognizes, evaluates, and controls concerns.
- Perform trainings/instructions for the employees on various safety related topics.
- Support in identifying, monitoring, and evaluating compliance with the local occupational safety and environmental regulation.
- Support development of the Corporate HSE management system and building HSE document management system.
- Support safety inspection and programs to build FAIR and JUST culture.
- University degree, ideally at a Master´s level in the field of environmental science or engineering.
- 5+ experience as EHS Officer, Quality Manager, Safety Manager or similar roles
- Good understanding of HSE European rules and regulations
- Good knowledge of German EHS regulation
- Experienced with relevant ISO and DIN standards (ISO45000, ISO14001)
- Good knowledge of machinery, erection and operation of electrical test equipment (EN50191)
- Hands-on mentality, execution-focused, and strong cross functional collaboration
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Good knowledge of data analysis and risk assessment
- Outstanding attention to detail and observation ability
- Exceptional communication in English and interpersonal abilities.
- English and German language proficiency
Want to know more? Then view our 'Why join Lilium' page!
Life at Lilium:
The wellbeing of our employees is a high priority. In our HQ we have many initiatives such as free healthy food and drinks, free in-house gym and health days. In remote offices we offer online opportunities to stay connected and develop yourself as well including our culture club, learning terminal, Employee Assistance Program and many more.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.