Embedded Engineer - Software Platforms (Middle/Senior/Principal)
A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. We take pride in pushing the boundaries of engineering, technology and customer experience.
As part of a team, you will tackle challenges and deliver something that has never been done before. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with a world-class entrepreneurial team of more than 800 people who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
You will always act with safety and integrity in mind and embody our core behaviors of efficient and positive collaboration, ownership of time, continuous improvements and, ultimately delivering results.
We thrive on diversity and creating an inclusive culture, with more than 50 nationalities currently working hard to bring our vision of a sustainable world to life.
Role and Interview Process:
The role is based in Munich, and Lilium supports relocation and visa sponsorship.
This role is a universal pool for multiple key jobs Lilium has in the Software Intensive Systems department.
After the first technical interview, we will align with you on the role's seniority and the system that you might be a good fit for. You will be able to choose from the following domains:
- Flight Control
- Battery Management System
- Actuation and Motor Control
- Software Platforms
Within 1 week from application, we will review your CV with a hiring team. In case of success, you will be invited for an interview or a technical case study.
About Your Future Team:
- The history of the team goes back to summer 2017 when the first several engineers joined Lilium. These enthusiastic and world-class experts had a strong vision about changing the aerospace and software development process. After 6 years, the majority of the first visionaries still stand with Lilium, demonstrating exceptional performance and progress. As a part of the hiring process, you will meet these people, so feel free to ask them about their personal journey.
- Our Software team has more than 20 nationalities among its 50+ members. The average aerospace experience is 10+ years. Every year, at least 10% of the team members either get a promotion or have the ability to perform horizontal moves to obtain new skills and expertise.
- We praise collaboration. The time in aerospace when there was a strong separation between "System" and "Software" is gone. Systems of modern aircraft have become more complex and advanced. We manage complexity by pushing Model-Based Design to new levels and letting Systems and Software Engineers work on the same models in a collaborative environment.
Your Tasks and Day-to-Day:
Specify, design, and develop safety-critical platform software (drivers, middleware and board support packages (BSP)) according to the internal process (DO-178C compliant).
Generate all required life cycle data (e.g.: High level requirements, software architecture, low level requirements, source code).
Produce documentation of the platform software for internal use and/or to demonstrate compliance with DO-178C objectives.
Develop the test infrastructure to verify the platform software.
Stay up to date with the latest developments in embedded software technology by participating in internal and external training programs
- Co-operate with Hardware and Quality Assurance teams.
- At least 5 years of experience in airborne software development (civil sector is a plus) for hand-written low-level high performance software
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Embedded Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or a related field
- Strong expertise in embedded C with diagnostic/design/coding/debug skills. UML and Mathlab/Simulink is a plus.
- Knowledge of safety-critical software development and verification practices, such as DO-178C and DO-331.
- Familiarity with microcontroller architectures (TI, NXP, Infineon), communication protocols, modern verification, and continuous integration concepts.
- Experience with timer modules such as eTPU and GTM is a strong plus.
- Demonstrated experience and success in managing complex software projects, supplier management, multiple stakeholders coordination and continuous integration environment.
- Fluent English language skills are essential, fluent German or any other language would be beneficial
This is an incredible opportunity to be at the forefront of a ground-breaking industry and work with a dynamic and innovative team. We offer a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package, and the opportunity to work on some of the most exciting aerospace projects of our time.
If you have a passion for aerospace and eVTOL, and want to work on challenging and rewarding projects, please apply today!
Want to know more? Then view our 'Why join Lilium' page!
Life at Lilium:
The wellbeing of our employees is a high priority. In our HQ we have many initiatives such as free healthy food and drinks, free in-house gym and health days. In remote offices we offer online opportunities to stay connected and develop yourself as well including our culture club, learning terminal, Employee Assistance Program and many more.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.