Design Engineer - Thermal Management System
A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. We take pride in pushing the boundaries of engineering, technology and customer experience.
As part of a team, you will tackle challenges and deliver something that has never been done before. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with a world-class entrepreneurial team of more than 800 people who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
You will always act with safety and integrity in mind and embody our core behaviors of efficient and positive collaboration, ownership of time, continuous improvements and, ultimately delivering results.
We thrive on diversity and creating an inclusive culture, with more than 50 nationalities currently working hard to bring our vision of a sustainable world to life.
Your role and your team:
You will report directly to a Design Engineering Team Leader responsible for a group of Design Engineers within the Design and Aerostructures Team. The Design and Aerostructures Team is one of the functions within the Lilium organization, its members being responsible for designing and developing among others the structure, landing gear, propulsion, and battery system of our aircraft across the entire life cycle - from concept through to detailed design, testing and into serial production.
As a Design Engineer for the TMS you will be part of an interdisciplinary IPT (Integrated Project Team) responsible for the design of the mechanical structural components of the TMS systems of our Lilium Jet from prototype into serial production.
Your Day to Day:
· Design and optimize aerospace parts and assemblies throughout their lifecycle
· Interpret and verify SIRD, EIRD and IRD documents
· Create complex 3D parts and assemblies in CAD using Siemens NX
· Derive fully dimensioned 2D technical drawings appropriate for production and certification
· Select appropriate standard and COTS parts for the system
· Consult with engineers of other disciplines, for example Manufacturing Engineers regarding the manufacture of your designs
· Manage the design data of your system in Teamcenter (PBS, BOM, etc.)
· Communicate with external design suppliers as required
· Participate in the Systems Engineering activities for your system (requirements, interfaces, etc.)
· Constantly learn new things – and share them with your team members
· Work on any ad hoc related projects or tasks
· University degree in Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering (MSc/M.Eng preferred)
· Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in the aerospace industry is required
· Experience with piping system installation design is required
· Strong knowledge of Siemens NX is required (NX mechanical routing knowledge is a plus)
· Advanced knowledge of ISO GPS (alternatively ASME GD&T) and overall good drafting skills are required
· Basic knowledge of PDM/PLM systems (Teamcenter or equivalent) is required
· Excellent understanding of general design principles and technical correlations is required
· Strong motivation to help build structures and processes is required
· High level of self-reliance with the ability to work in a team, as well as autonomously if required
· Target-oriented, driven work style with analytic problem-solving skills required
· Ability and willingness to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing work environment is required
· Fluent English language skills are essential, fluent German or any other language would be beneficial
Want to know more? Then view our 'Why join Lilium' page!
Life at Lilium:
The wellbeing of our employees is a high priority. In our HQ we have many initiatives such as free healthy food and drinks, free in-house gym and health days. In remote offices we offer online opportunities to stay connected and develop yourself as well including our culture club, learning terminal, Employee Assistance Program and many more.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.