Digital Manufacturing Engineer
A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. We take pride in pushing the boundaries of engineering, technology and customer experience.
As part of a team, you will tackle challenges and deliver something that has never been done before. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with a world-class entrepreneurial team of more than 800 people who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
You will always act with safety and integrity in mind and embody our core behaviors of efficient and positive collaboration, ownership of time, continuous improvements and, ultimately delivering results.
We thrive on diversity and creating an inclusive culture, with more than 50 nationalities currently working hard to bring our vision of a sustainable world to life.
Are you a seasoned and accomplished Senior Digital Manufacturing Engineer ready to play a pivotal role? At Lilium, we're at the forefront of reimagining transportation with our groundbreaking product and business model. We're seeking an experienced individual to spearhead the development of an innovative production system. As a Senior Digital Manufacturing Engineer, you will take ownership of Lilium's production digital systems and shop floor implementation, empowering the definition of lean processes and data-driven manufacturing solutions.
In this role, you will report directly to the Head of Industrial Engineering and play a central role in defining digital manufacturing processes end to end, planning the implementation roadamp and deploying new functionalities in iterative cycles. . This is an extraordinary opportunity to join one of the fastest-growing and most well-funded companies in the world and embark on a thrilling journey with the Lilium Jet during its growth phase. Our production organization is committed to setting new standards with a sustainable approach, both in physical and digital production methods, as we work to build the world's premier eVTOL.
Your Day to Day:
- Lead the implementation of complex and dynamic manufacturing tools as a Product Owner
- Collaborate with various stakeholders to capture business requirements and deliver advanced digital products for our shop floor and Manufacturing Engineering Teams.
- Identify and bridge gaps between business processes and digital tools.
- Work closely with the DevOps team for project implementation and rollout.
- Make data-driven decisions and play a central role in developing the Manufacturing software architecture.
- Plan and execute Key User Training, Testing, and User Acceptance Tests.
- Introduce and support cutting-edge digital technologies, such as SCADA, MPM, ERP, and MES systems.
- Play a key role in identifying and selecting digital tools.
- A minimum of 5 years of work experience in transforming manufacturing operations through digitalization
- Proven expertise and proficiency with advanced manufacturing systems, including SCADA, MPM, ERP, and MES systems (e.g., Team Center, Proplanner, SAP, Infor, Op Center).
- A university degree in Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Data Science, Software Engineering or a related field.
- Proficiency in agile project management, including tools like JIRA and Confluence.
- Expertise in Part 21 G, ISO 9001, or EN 9100 manufacturing and quality processes is a valuable asset.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- A solution-oriented mindset with a proven ability to think innovatively.
- A deep understanding of manufacturing methodologies and technologies.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
- Fluent in English; proficiency in the German language is a plus.
Welcome to the future
Elegance, speed, comfort and sustainability – fusing to a new form of traveling. The Lilium airplane is the only means of transportation that can meet the demands of future mobility and therefore shape it now. We are introducing the world's first electric vertical take-off and landing jet.
Lilium is a thriving Start-up creating a revolution in personal transportation and e-mobility with secured funding and proven technologies (several flying prototypes) with support by the European Space Agency (ESA). We are a highly energetic and ambitious team with world-class investors who value outstanding talent, serious creativity and elaborate innovation.
At Lilium, you will work with the world´s most talented engineers, designers and thought leaders to revolutionize the way people travel. We apply an exceptional breadth and depth to our work, we are incredibly focused onto our mission and we are therefore looking for people like us who are continuously striving towards perfection. If you, too, are filled with the insatiable need to grow, to innovate and to create don‘t hesitate to grasp this exclusive opportunity.
Want to know more? Then view our 'Why join Lilium' page!
Life at Lilium:
The wellbeing of our employees is a high priority. In our HQ we have many initiatives such as free healthy food and drinks, free in-house gym and health days. In remote offices we offer online opportunities to stay connected and develop yourself as well including our culture club, learning terminal, Employee Assistance Program and many more.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.