Systems Engineer - Cell Design
A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. We take pride in pushing the boundaries of engineering, technology and customer experience.
As part of a team, you will tackle challenges and deliver something that has never been done before. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with a world-class entrepreneurial team of more than 800 people who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
You will always act with safety and integrity in mind and embody our core behaviors of efficient and positive collaboration, ownership of time, continuous improvements and, ultimately delivering results.
We thrive on diversity and creating an inclusive culture, with more than 50 nationalities currently working hard to bring our vision of a sustainable world to life.
Your role and your team:
We are looking for an outstanding senior cell systems engineer to join our innovative team that will shape the future of urban e-mobility.
We are developing and industrializing breakthrough cell technologies with exceptional performance that would meet the requirements of the Lilium Jet. To read more on the topic, visit our Battery Blog.
You will be part of our Cell Technology Team and will be responsible for the design, development, testing and certification, in collaboration with our suppliers, of the Lilium Cell as part of an integrated cross-functional team.
Your Day to Day:
- Collaborate with other teams regarding design, requirements and function of battery cell
- Define, elaborate, validate and verify component requirements
- Develop validation and verification plans, evaluate test results
- Define project scope with suppliers and create Statement of Works
- Support qualification/certification tasks and Means of Compliance development
- Perform trade studies and lead decision making activities
- Take part in international working groups and committees to shape future regulations
- Develop necessary methods, tools and processes
- Work on any ad-hoc tasks or projects related to Lilium’s journey in becoming an aerospace company
- Sc. or Ph.D. in Engineering, Electrochemistry, Material Science or related field
- 3+ years of experience in Li-ion battery technology
- Experience in systems engineering, requirements management and/or reliability engineering
- Experience with aerospace regulations and certification
- Experience in cell safety and performance testing and design of experiments
- Knowledge of cell and preferably aerospace related standards
- Knowledge of materials and cell design is a plus
- Experience with a cell development project from start to finish is a plus
- Established network with cell suppliers and/or research institutions is a plus
- Target-oriented, driven workstyle with analytic problem-solving skills
- Proactive and demonstrating ownership; willing to lead key efforts and drive to closure
- Comfortable with complex situations with many unknowns, and creating clarity
- Fluent English language skills are essential, fluent German or any other language would be beneficial
Want to know more? Then view our 'Why join Lilium' page!
Life at Lilium:
The wellbeing of our employees is a high priority. In our HQ we have many initiatives such as free healthy food and drinks, free in-house gym and health days. In remote offices we offer online opportunities to stay connected and develop yourself as well including our culture club, learning terminal, Employee Assistance Program and many more.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.