Senior Battery Test Engineer
A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. We take pride in pushing the boundaries of engineering, technology and customer experience.
As part of a team, you will tackle challenges and deliver something that has never been done before. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with a world-class entrepreneurial team of more than 800 people who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
You will always act with safety and integrity in mind and embody our core behaviors of efficient and positive collaboration, ownership of time, continuous improvements and, ultimately delivering results.
We thrive on diversity and creating an inclusive culture, with more than 50 nationalities currently working hard to bring our vision of a sustainable world to life.
Your role and your team:
You will report directly to the Team lead Energy Testing and work closely with our Component Testing team.
The Component Testing team is responsible for various disciplines covering component, system and whole aircraft tests. It is set up in three divisions: Testing, Test Management and Test Operations. Our team runs tests that facilitate certification, development, and research for the technology areas: Propulsion Systems, Batteries, Structures, Environmental Tests and Hardware in the Loop (HIL).
You will serve as the person of contact for all Battery tests and manage the complete process of testing from requirements breakdown & concept development to test execution & data processing by always keeping the goal of qualification and verification of our aircraft components in mind. You will setup and execute tests of small- and large-scale prototypes and provide valuable input for electrical, thermal, and mechanical battery engineers as well as for production.
Your Day to Day:
- Working with multi MW battery systems
- Plan Tests and align with the Stakeholders
- Planning and setup of labs and lab equipment
- Close working with other integration engineers, particularly battery development
- Analysis of test data and interpretation of the results
- Planning, setup, and maintenance of test spaces and equipment
- Design and operation of test benches for testing of electrical, electro-chemical, electro-mechanical components, including battery abuse tests
- Coordination, preparation, and execution of tests of battery cells, modules, and packs as well as electric parts and components according to CS-23, DO-160, DO-311 and other standards, in-house and with partners
- Provide critical feedback to relevant stakeholders (proposals for design changes, process adaptations, software bugfixes, etc.)
- Support of production planning and end-of-line test setup
- Work on ad hoc related tasks or projects provided by management
- Working with the BMS System and Test Bench Software
- Creating Post-Mortem Analysis and creating Reports
- MSc, PhD or equivalent degree in electrical/power/mechatronics engineering or a related field required
- Strong knowledge of working in electrical labs and good practice of testing
- At least 2 years of hands-on experience in working with battery Systems
- Knowledge of BMS Functions, CAN Systems and general Test Bench Software
- Experience in electrical and battery testing equipment like high power supplies and loads, data acquisition systems, battery test systems
- Experienced in the use of battery module and battery system testing equipment (AVL, Kratzer, Basytec or similar)
- EFK +AuS Status/Experience (Level 3E according to DGUV 209-093) for HV-Systems or similar hands on experience is a plus
- Knowledge of battery systems, particularly Li-ion batteries is required
- Experience in the automotive or aerospace field is a plus
- Strong motivation to help build structures and processes
- High level of self-reliance with the ability to work in a team, as well as autonomous
- Target-oriented, driven work style with analytic problem-solving skills required
- Fluent English language skills are essential, fluent German or any other language would be beneficial
Want to know more? Then view our 'Why join Lilium' page!
Life at Lilium:
The wellbeing of our employees is a high priority. In our HQ we have many initiatives such as free healthy food and drinks, free in-house gym and health days. In remote offices we offer online opportunities to stay connected and develop yourself as well including our culture club, learning terminal, Employee Assistance Program and many more.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.