Senior Design Engineer - Research & Technology
A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. We take pride in pushing the boundaries of engineering, technology and customer experience.
As part of a team, you will tackle challenges and deliver something that has never been done before. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with a world-class entrepreneurial team of more than 800 people who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
You will always act with safety and integrity in mind and embody our core behaviors of efficient and positive collaboration, ownership of time, continuous improvements and, ultimately delivering results.
We thrive on diversity and creating an inclusive culture, with more than 50 nationalities currently working hard to bring our vision of a sustainable world to life.
We are looking for an outstanding design engineer with a strong background in electro-mechanical systems, mechatronic devices and electromagnetic design to support the Research & Development Team who are pushing the boundaries with the concept design and pre-development of the next generation Propulsion System.
In this position, you will have the exciting opportunity to be part of the Research and Technology Team to develop solutions that are ready for Lilium’s future aerospace applications. You will work closely together with two of our Co-Founders who are leading in this key area for Lilium. The role reports to the Engineering Division to enable professional development and training.
Lilium welcomes people from all over the world. We are a multinational company and happy to support our new top talents with relocation. We have helped our new hires to meet their Visa criteria and successfully settle in Munich.
Your Day to Day:
- Leading concept, design and testing of next generation electro-mechanical, electro-thermal and electro-acoustic systems the electric jet propulsion and energy systems.
- Taking a strong focus on weight reduction, design for manufacturing, cost and ensuring compliance with company processes
- Driving the planning, execution and reporting of technology development and demonstration activities. Including prototype design, prototype manufacturing, testing & documentation
- Closely cooperating with power electronics and control engineers
- Closely cooperating with systems engineers and mechanical engineers to support electrical and mechanical component design and integration.
- Closely cooperating with test engineers for testing and performance validation.
- Work on ad hoc related tasks or projects provided by management
- Constantly learning and exploring innovative technologies, sharing and maturing them with your team members.
- University degree in Mechatronics / Electrical Engineering or similar (MSc/M.Eng preferred).
- A minimum of 5+ years of professional experience is required.
- Strong hands-on mentality and experience in designing, building and testing electro-mechanical hardware and software solutions.
- Experienced with the agile concept and fast iterative pre-development phase of the R&T process.
- Knowledge of a CAD system such as Siemens NX is preferred
- Basic skills in Matlab or LabView programming.
- Self-driven, agile, pragmatic, creative and target-oriented way of working.
- Fluent English language skills are essential, fluent German or any other language would be beneficial.
Want to know more? Then view our 'Why join Lilium' page!
Life at Lilium:
The wellbeing of our employees is a high priority. In our HQ we have many initiatives such as free healthy food and drinks, free in-house gym and health days. In remote offices we offer online opportunities to stay connected and develop yourself as well including our culture club, learning terminal, Employee Assistance Program and many more.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.