Junior Tax Manager
A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. We take pride in pushing the boundaries of engineering, technology and customer experience.
As part of a team, you will tackle challenges and deliver something that has never been done before. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with a world-class entrepreneurial team of more than 800 people who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
You will always act with safety and integrity in mind and embody our core behaviors of efficient and positive collaboration, ownership of time, continuous improvements and, ultimately delivering results.
We thrive on diversity and creating an inclusive culture, with more than 50 nationalities currently working hard to bring our vision of a sustainable world to life.
A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary, yet with a meaningful purpose. We take pride in pushing the very boundaries of technology and customer experience to deliver something that has never been done before.
What we do here is hard, but then very few things worth achieving are easy. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with our world-class entrepreneurial team of more than 900 leaders, experts and engineers who are as passionate about emissions-free transportation as you are.
We are also passionate about creating an inclusive culture, with more than 60 nationalities working with us to bring our vision of a sustainable world to life.
Your role and your team:
In this position you will be one of the key internal points of contact and responsible for multiple tax matters. You will work closely with your peers in the tax department, finance, legal and people teams to support the development of a high quality and proactive tax function.
This is an exceptional opportunity to join one of the fastest, most well-funded and exciting companies in the world and join the exciting journey of the Lilium Jet.
The successful candidate will be a motivated and self-driven professional and ready to apply your skills in a dynamic and exciting environment. You will be part of a team building out processes and systems that will define the company into the future. Promised from the Head of Tax, your contribution is welcome, and you will never have a boring working day.
Your Day to day:
- Participate in projects of all sizes across the organisation
- Be instrumentally involved decisions around company issues and structure to facilitate future operations as well as other decisions with a tax aspect
- Sparring partner and adviser for peers and senior leadership on all tax related matters
- Support and review contracts plans and submissions, working with colleagues to proactively identify and pragmatically create tax considerations
- Manage the planning, compliance and reporting in various areas of tax (such as, but not limited to, CIT, trade tax, VAT, and payroll tax) in connection with your peers and our external tax advisors.
- Hands-on and proactive identification and processing of all German tax matters.
- Work closely with internal stakeholders and external stakeholders to deliver valuable outcomes across all tax matters.
- Prepare tax calculations for annual submissions.
- Prepare and manage VAT filings and preparation of CIT & trade income tax returns
- Work with the team to design, implement and improve existing internal processes to become frontrunner and not follower.
- Be one of the key contacts for tax related matters, for both the finance team and external advisors
- Prepare and train on tax topics to non specialists
- Work on ad hoc tasks, reports or projects.
- The successful candidate will have gained experience working as an Assistant Tax Consultant or Tax Paralegal ideally in a Tax Consultant Firm or an international company
- You should have a good understanding of HGB accounting standards. IFRS awareness is a big plus.
- Able to effectively handle multiple priorities, support projects, organise workload and meet deadlines.
- Attention to detail coupled with a pragmatic and commercial outlook.
- Excellent communicator and able to build trust within the business.
- Self driven and comfortable working in a fast paced and constantly changing company.
- Fluent English is required. German will be highly beneficial.
Want to know more? Then view our 'Why join Lilium' page!
Life at Lilium:
The wellbeing of our employees is a high priority. In our HQ we have many initiatives such as free healthy food and drinks, free in-house gym and health days. In remote offices we offer online opportunities to stay connected and develop yourself as well including our culture club, learning terminal, Employee Assistance Program and many more.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.