Head of FP&A and Controlling
A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. We take pride in pushing the boundaries of engineering, technology and customer experience.
As part of a team, you will tackle challenges and deliver something that has never been done before. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with a world-class entrepreneurial team of more than 800 people who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
You will always act with safety and integrity in mind and embody our core behaviors of efficient and positive collaboration, ownership of time, continuous improvements and, ultimately delivering results.
We thrive on diversity and creating an inclusive culture, with more than 50 nationalities currently working hard to bring our vision of a sustainable world to life.
Your role and your team:
As a Leader of our Finance team you will be playing a vital part in shaping the development of the business and our world class product.
Your main focus will be to define the FP&A roadmap including budget and business plan process, ensure accurate controlling, define a portfolio of tools and reports to support decision making and planning at all levels of the company and build and maintain a strong team of analysts. You and your team will be expected to deliver high quality results in a volatile environment for both, controlling of current operations as well as mid and long term planning. This is a highly data driven role, however the successful candidate will deliver impact by interpreting business demands, building complex financial models, and interpreting results with commercial acumen.
Your Day to Day:
- Manage and guide a team of 5-10 FP&A analysts and FBPs
- Lead the development of the reporting landscape to provide accurate and insightful information to decision makers on a timely basis
- Target setting in line with business plan assumptions
- Continuous control of actuals vs. targets for RCs and NRCs to ensure future profitability and adherence to compliance aspects
- Manage and review financial models including rolling forecasting, cash flow models, long range business plans and 3 way financial models
- Interface with key stakeholders across the business to define needs, gain insight into inputs, relationships and dependencies and deliver results
- Lead the annual budget and business plan process
- Coordinate finance projects such as ERP implementation
- Work on any ad hoc projects or tasks as required
- Bachelor in Business or a related field, MBA or CPA preferred
- Minimum 5-7 years experience gained in a similar or related role with a focus on financial modelling
- Strong business acumen with the ability to interpret results and see the big picture
- Ability to work in a hands on matter, independently where required and ruthlessly prioritize tasks and projects
- Comfortable communicating with all hierarchy levels of the company, up to BoD
- Knowledge in financial modelling (Advanced Excel, VBA)
- Knowledge in ERP systems
- Highly analytical, proactive and growth oriented mindset is needed to be successful
- Comfortable in a fast paced environment, where needs and priorities evolve rapidly
- Fluent in English language essential, German or any other language would be beneficial
Want to know more? Then view our 'Why join Lilium' page!
Life at Lilium:
The wellbeing of our employees is a high priority. In our HQ we have many initiatives such as free healthy food and drinks, free in-house gym and health days. In remote offices we offer online opportunities to stay connected and develop yourself as well including our culture club, learning terminal, Employee Assistance Program and many more.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.