Structures Verification and Certification Engineer
A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. We take pride in pushing the boundaries of engineering, technology and customer experience.
As part of a team, you will tackle challenges and deliver something that has never been done before. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with a world-class entrepreneurial team of more than 800 people who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
You will always act with safety and integrity in mind and embody our core behaviors of efficient and positive collaboration, ownership of time, continuous improvements and, ultimately delivering results.
We thrive on diversity and creating an inclusive culture, with more than 50 nationalities currently working hard to bring our vision of a sustainable world to life.
Your role and your team:
As a Verification and Certification engineer you will be part of a multidisciplinary Structures and Interiors IPT responsible for the design, development and certification of the aircraft structure and interiors.
You will report directly to the Engineering Manager for Systems Engineering & Architecture and be deployed to the Structures and Interiors IPT. The IPT is responsible for the design and development of various systems, sub-systems, and components of our aircraft across the entire life cycle - from concept through to detailed design, testing and into serial production. Within the IPT, you will be working in the team responsible for the airframe consisting of fuselage, wings and canards, seats, interior liners, as well as their interfaces.
From parts to systems development, you will play a key role in bringing our innovative aircraft to life.
Your Day to Day:
- Support the development of the aircraft structures, comprising of parts and assemblies, throughout their lifecycle in compliance with the standards and regulations such as SC-VTOL, ARP4754A, DO-160.
- Definition, validation and management of system, subsystem, and component requirements, including the definition of verification items
- Assist in the development of integration, test processes and procedures that regard the relevant system and the interfacing airframe structures
- Negotiate with certification authorities for the definition of Means of Compliance, qualification and certification activities
- Provide guidance to the IPT on certification related matters, with particular focus on Means of Compliance and testing activities needed for the Verification plan
- Generate and manage the Structures & Interiors Validation & Verification plan
- Create / check and approve test requests, test plans
- Interface with the Lilium Test organisation to define and execute the full scope of testing required to develop and certify the system
- Interact with professionals and departments, including design, testing and external suppliers, to proceed with the activities most relevant to the Validation & Verification of the relevant system
- Create certification related documentation
- Work closely with the design and calculation engineers regarding design, interfaces, and control
- Specification and support of system validation and verification according to acceptable means of compliance in accordance with ARP4754A, DO-160
- Generate and maintain V&V processes and procedures
- University degree in Aerospace Engineering or Mechanical Engineering (MSc/M.Eng preferred)
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant professional experience in the aerospace industry is required
- Experience in requirements management tools, such as Siemens Polarion or IBM Rational Doors is required
- Experience developing and working to system requirements is required
- Experience in planning, developing and managing verification activities is required
- Experience in developing and qualifying aircraft systems is required; preferably CS-E, CS/FAR-27 or CS/FAR-23
- Experience in generating/approving EASA/FAA certification documentation, preferably CS-E, CS/FAR-27 or CS/FAR-23 is beneficial
- Fundamental knowledge of aircraft structure design principles is required
- Excellent understanding of general design principles and technical correlations is required
- High level of self-reliance with the ability to work in a team, as well as autonomously is required
- Experience in working with external suppliers and managing the interaction for the activities needed for Validation and Verification is beneficial
- Hands-on experience in defining and executing testing is beneficial
- Awareness of EASA Part 21J requirements is beneficial
- Experience in interacting with certification authorities for the qualification and certification activities of aerospace systems is beneficial
- Experience with ARP4754A is beneficial
Lilium is looking for individuals with a strong motivation and passion to contribute to developing a new technology and bringing it to the market. A target-oriented, driven work style with willingness to proactively overcome impediments in everyday activities and interaction with colleagues is required. Individuals will need the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing work environment.
Fluent English language skills are essential, fluent German or any other language is beneficial
#LI - WK1
Want to know more? Then view our 'Why join Lilium' page!
Life at Lilium:
The wellbeing of our employees is a high priority. In our HQ we have many initiatives such as free healthy food and drinks, free in-house gym and health days. In remote offices we offer online opportunities to stay connected and develop yourself as well including our culture club, learning terminal, Employee Assistance Program and many more.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.