Senior Design Engineer - Aircraft Interior
A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. We take pride in pushing the boundaries of engineering, technology and customer experience.
As part of a team, you will tackle challenges and deliver something that has never been done before. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with a world-class entrepreneurial team of more than 800 people who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
You will always act with safety and integrity in mind and embody our core behaviors of efficient and positive collaboration, ownership of time, continuous improvements and, ultimately delivering results.
We thrive on diversity and creating an inclusive culture, with more than 50 nationalities currently working hard to bring our vision of a sustainable world to life.
You will report directly to the Manager of the Aircraft Interior Team. The Aircraft Interior Team is responsible for designing and developing the interior components of our aircraft across the entire life cycle - from concept through to detailed design, testing and into serial production. As a Senior Mechanical Engineer, you will be part of an interdisciplinary IPT (Integrated Project Team) responsible for the design of the Aircraft Interior cockpit, cabin, and cargo compartment of our Lilium Jet from prototype into serial production. From mechanical or composite parts design to mechanical systems development you'll play a key role in bringing our innovative aircraft interior to life.
Your Day to Day:
- Design and preliminary sizing of the interior components in concert with other engineering groups and departments
- Supporting cabin integration and layout work considering applicable regulatory requirements and by alignment with product design / marketing department
Participation on EUROCAE meetings if required
- Design and preliminary sizing of interior composite elements with attention towards high volume production
- Assist in the development of manufacturing, integration, and test processes and procedures together with supplier
- Providing technical support to procurement during supplier selection process and in contracting phase with statement of work SOW and technical requirement documents TRD
- Support the system development from concept to production, resolving any design, manufacturing, and assembly issues along the way
- Define and manage requirements (Polarion)
- Create certification related documentation
- Check and approval of technical 2D drawings for manufacturing release
- Able to manage Tier 1 suppliers for interior and seats from engineering perspective from contract closure to TC
- Able acting as engineering focal point of Tier 1 suppliers for different ATA chapters
- Constantly learn new things – and share them with your team members
- Work on any ad hoc related projects or tasks
- University degree in Aerospace Engineering or Mechanical/Vehicle Engineering (aerospace specialization, MSc/M.Eng preferred)
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant professional experience in the aerospace industry is required
- Strong knowledge of a CAD system is required (Siemens NX is preferred)
- Knowledge of ISO GPS (alternatively ASME GD&T) and overall good drafting skills are beneficial
- Basic knowledge with PDM/PLM systems (Teamcenter or equivalent) is beneficial
Good knowledge in requirement management
- Extensive experience with composite design and novel materials in aircraft interiors is required
- Experience in general aircraft cabin safety regulations, emergency egress, seat testing, and flammability requirements and its repercussions on design
- Specific knowledge in aircraft seating design and certification is beneficial
Good knowledge in aircraft certification processes
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability to integrate state-of-the-art design and manufacturing methods into product concepts and designs is required
- Experience developing and working to system requirements is required
- Experience with working with various suppliers and managing deliverables is required
- Excellent understanding of general design principles and technical correlations is required
- Strong motivation to help build structures and processes is required
- High level of self-reliance with the ability to work in a team, as well as autonomously is required
- Target-oriented, driven work style with analytic problem-solving skills is required
Ability and willingness to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing work environment is required
- Fluent English language skills are essential, fluent German or any other language is beneficial
Want to know more? Then view our 'Why join Lilium' page!
Life at Lilium:
The wellbeing of our employees is a high priority. In our HQ we have many initiatives such as free healthy food and drinks, free in-house gym and health days. In remote offices we offer online opportunities to stay connected and develop yourself as well including our culture club, learning terminal, Employee Assistance Program and many more.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.