A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. We take pride in pushing the boundaries of engineering, technology and customer experience.
As part of a team, you will tackle challenges and deliver something that has never been done before. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with a world-class entrepreneurial team of more than 800 people who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
You will always act with safety and integrity in mind and embody our core behaviors of efficient and positive collaboration, ownership of time, continuous improvements and, ultimately delivering results.
We thrive on diversity and creating an inclusive culture, with more than 50 nationalities currently working hard to bring our vision of a sustainable world to life.
Your role and your team:
The Systems Testing team is responsible for various disciplines covering component, system, and whole aircraft tests. It is set up in three divisions: Testing, Test Management and Test Operations. Our team runs tests that facilitate certification, development, and research for the technology areas: Propulsion Systems, Energy Storage, Structures, Environmental Tests, and Hardware in the Loop (HIL).
With direct report to the Team Leader of Integration & Environmental Tests you will have complete ownership with end-to-end responsibility over environmental tests and test rigs such as Vibration, Climactic, EMC, Lightning and HIRF tests.
You will manage the complete process of testing from requirements breakdown & concept development through calculation, design & production to test execution & data processing by always keeping the goal of qualification and verification of our aircraft components in mind. With many interfaces to the engineering teams like Mechanical Systems, Propulsion, Custom Electronics and Avionics your work comprises multidisciplinary tasks with tight timescales, which require focused, efficient, and proactive thinking to achieve effective and creative test approaches.
Your Day to Day:
- Support the execution of complex aircraft equipment, system and platform environmental testing activities.
- Identification of environmental test requirements in relation to aircraft, system and sub-system requirements.
- Holistic and agile test & test rig development including concept design, data acquisition and documentation.
- Pragmatic evaluation of test concepts with idealization of physical effects and first principles reasoning approach.
- Ad-hoc & hands-on test execution to support our fast-paced development activities.
- Degree in electrical-, electronics-, mechanical-, mechatronic-, aerospace engineering (Ph.D./ M. Sc.) or similar is desired.
- 2+ years of professional experience (industry or academic).
- Experience in environmental tests, test rig development, proper equipment selection, test execution & data processing.
- Experience with data acquisition and test equipment.
- Experience in airworthiness certification standards such as CS-23, CS-25, CS-27 and general airworthiness certification processes beneficial.
- Experience with equipment/board level test.
- Basic knowledge of environmental standards DO-160.
- Experience with some additional environmental and EMC test standards such as MIL-STD-461, MIL-STD-464, MIL-STD-810, IEC 61000 series, IEC 60068, CISPR 24, CISPR 22/32 is beneficial.
- Experience in HIRF or Lightning testing and analysis of aircraft beneficial.
- Experience in automotive industry or aerospace industry test procedures beneficial.
- Driven individual with the ability to probe & challenge assumptions.
- High level of self-reliance with the ability to work in a team, as well as individually.
- Target-oriented work style with analytic problem-solving skills.
- Fluent English language skills are essential, fluent German or any other language is beneficial.
Want to know more? Then view our 'Why join Lilium' page!
Life at Lilium:
The wellbeing of our employees is a high priority. In our HQ we have many initiatives such as free healthy food and drinks, free in-house gym and health days. In remote offices we offer online opportunities to stay connected and develop yourself as well including our culture club, learning terminal, Employee Assistance Program and many more.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.