US Communications Lead
A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. We take pride in pushing the boundaries of engineering, technology and customer experience.
As part of a team, you will tackle challenges and deliver something that has never been done before. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with a world-class entrepreneurial team of more than 800 people who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
You will always act with safety and integrity in mind and embody our core behaviors of efficient and positive collaboration, ownership of time, continuous improvements and, ultimately delivering results.
We thrive on diversity and creating an inclusive culture, with more than 50 nationalities currently working hard to bring our vision of a sustainable world to life.
About the team:
The Communications team is focused on building Lilium brand awareness as well as industry and consumer readiness of our technology. Whether we're working on our website design, communicating with journalists around the world, engaging with future customers on social media or defining how we can have a positive impact on society, we're committed to telling meaningful stories and delivering extraordinary results.
We’re looking for a strong, experienced communicator to join our team, responsible for helping shape how we tell our story globally and leading our communications efforts in the US.
You will have a knack for discovering great stories and telling them in an accessible way and the opportunity to play a key role in building our brand through developing and executing on communications campaigns from end to end. You will do this by developing creative communications plans and ensuring the content and messaging gets into the right hands, through the right channels both earned and owned, including daily interactions with media and other stakeholders.
You'll report to the VP of Communications and work closely with the fantastic communications team, but the nature of the role means you will work with colleagues across our business, particularly our in-house creative team and public affairs.
Your Day to Day:
- Strategy: Working closely with VP Comms and PR Counsel on the overarching communications strategy and narratives with a focus on US specific strategy.
- Media: Drive media relationships to ensure that Lilium is a well-known and respected name in the US, serving as a spokesperson as necessary.
- Events: Act as an ambassador for Lilium to the larger industry via event creation and conference participation.
- Messaging and content: Discover, define and deliver engaging content from across our business including press releases, video content and beyond.
- Exceptional oral and written communication, storytelling and influencing skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Significant professional experience in public relations including both agency and in-house, multi market experience and/or industry experience a plus
- Ability to build relationships with various levels and stakeholders both internal and external and connect the dots easily
- A high level of self-reliance with the ability to work effectively across various teams, as well as working autonomously
- A hands-on flexible approach with the ability to work in a fast growing multi-national and dynamic environment
- 401k is not offered at this time
- 20 days vacation
- US Bank holidays - New Year's Day, Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, President's Day, Memorial Day, Juneteenth, Independence Day, Labor Day, Indigenous People’s Day, Veterans Day, Thanksgiving Day, Day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Day
- Preferred location: Dallas TX. Other locations: Florida, DC, California, and Virginia
- Candidate must have the right to live and work legally in the USA (either GC or citizen)
- Working remote/working from home with travel when required
Want to know more? Then view our 'Why join Lilium' page!
Life at Lilium:
The wellbeing of our employees is a high priority. In our HQ we have many initiatives such as free healthy food and drinks, free in-house gym and health days. In remote offices we offer online opportunities to stay connected and develop yourself as well including our culture club, learning terminal, Employee Assistance Program and many more.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.