Cost and Value Engineer - Mass Production
A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. We take pride in pushing the boundaries of engineering, technology and customer experience.
As part of a team, you will tackle challenges and deliver something that has never been done before. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with a world-class entrepreneurial team of more than 800 people who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
You will always act with safety and integrity in mind and embody our core behaviors of efficient and positive collaboration, ownership of time, continuous improvements and, ultimately delivering results.
We thrive on diversity and creating an inclusive culture, with more than 50 nationalities currently working hard to bring our vision of a sustainable world to life.
Your role and your team:
You will report directly to the Head of Cost and Value Engineering while working closely with cross-functional departments including design engineering, manufacturing industrial engineering, and procurement as well as suppliers and key partners.
The Cost & Value Engineering team is a strategy and project-based department within the Procurement division. It is responsible for the economic analysis of buy and make parts, with the target to find the cost optimal solution to a technical problem. Focus is on the buy components, where technical and industrial solutions need to be agreed with the suppliers to optimize cost and minimize the cost risk throughout the development of the product.
In this role, you will be responsible for driving the cost optimization and design to cost for the Lilium Jet and production. This is an exceptional opportunity to join one of the fastest, most well-funded and exciting companies in the world and join the exciting journey of the Lilium Jet early in its industrialization phase. Our procurement organization aims to set new standards with a best-in-class, reliable, digital cost analysis database and tools.
Your Day to Day:
- Responsible for technology relevant data gathering, data structuring and data feeding into the cost engineering database system
- Elaborating design, test and manufacture processes expert calculation tools to support the cost analysis of the different scopes
- Target costing, driving cost/weight trade-off studies for product & production, and should costing in alignment with the Head of Cost & Value Engineering to translate to the procurement organisation
- Development of transparent cost models for components on the Lilium Jet. Technological focus on: Mass production for electronics, harnesses and battery cells
- You will work closely with:
- Design, Procurement, Production, Finance and Program providing the basis for key decision making
- Head of Cost & Value Engineering to draft the optimal negotiation strategy for supplier negotiations
- Head of Cost & Value Engineering on deviation, analysis and optimization of the full product value stream
- Head of Cost & Value Engineering to define cost targets across the entire value stream and support the production and industrialization strategy for the supply chain to enable mid to high volume production of the sub-systems
- In collaboration with the Head of Cost & Value Engineering you will;
- Work with key suppliers and partners as part of the scoping and tendering process
- Drive design to cost initiatives and monitor the development against cost targets
- Manufacturing Engineering/ Industrial Engineering/ Mechanical Engineering/ Electronic Engineering degree or equivalent
- At least 3 years work experience in cost engineering, manufacturing engineering, industrial engineering or consulting ideally gained within the automotive/ consumer goods/ electronic goods/ pharma industry manufacturing, or similar
- Outstanding analytical capabilities
- Strong understanding of manufacturing processes and its potential for scalability in order to meet growing production volume demand
- Fluent in Microsoft Excel. Experience working with ERP tools and CAD Costing tools is a plus
- Strong communication skills, both written and spoken
- Able and comfortable working in a developing, fluid and constantly changing company
- Fluent in English
Nice to have:
- Industrial experience in production tooling design and/or manufacturing for mass production or low customer takt-time products
- German language skills would be highly advantageous
Want to know more? Then view our 'Why join Lilium' page!
Life at Lilium:
The wellbeing of our employees is a high priority. In our HQ we have many initiatives such as free healthy food and drinks, free in-house gym and health days. In remote offices we offer online opportunities to stay connected and develop yourself as well including our culture club, learning terminal, Employee Assistance Program and many more.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.