Manager of Systems engineering
A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. We take pride in pushing the boundaries of engineering, technology and customer experience.
As part of a team, you will tackle challenges and deliver something that has never been done before. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with a world-class entrepreneurial team of more than 800 people who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
You will always act with safety and integrity in mind and embody our core behaviors of efficient and positive collaboration, ownership of time, continuous improvements and, ultimately delivering results.
We thrive on diversity and creating an inclusive culture, with more than 50 nationalities currently working hard to bring our vision of a sustainable world to life.
Manager of Systems Engineering
Lilium is seeking an open, enthusiastic, experienced general practitioner to lead our Systems Engineering framework within the Lilium Engineering Organisation.
Reporting to the Head of System Engineering, you will be working closely with the Chief Engineer’s office as well as Integrated Product Teams of a project to support them and the entire team in ensuring the application of systems engineering best practices.
This is a unique opportunity to learn about how a new company in the brand new eVTOL sector transitions toward a production environment. You will learn about eVTOL aircraft systems and their development, certification, production, and evolution.
Life at Lilium
Working at Lilium gives you the chance to work in a highly dynamic environment together with brilliant minds. Your work can make a difference to shape the future of sustainable air mobility.
The well-being of our employees is a high priority. In our HQ we have many initiatives such as free healthy food and drinks, free in-house gym, yoga classes and health days. In remote offices we offer online opportunities to stay connected and develop yourself as well including our culture club, learning terminal, Employee Assistance Program and many more.
Lilium is headquartered at Wessling, within commuting distance of Munich city center. We are in the heart of the great lakes of Germany and approximately an hour from the German/Austrian Alps – you can even see them from the office!
Your Day to Day
- Manage a team of systems architects, systems engineers and verification and certification engineers
- Define, document and maintain the processes governing systems engineering areas such as validation, verification, requirements management, systems engineering management
- Establish the systems engineering tools framework, ensure the tools are fit for purpose
- Establish the systems engineering training landscape, ensure timely delivery of those.
- Interact with multidisciplinary individuals and departments, including airworthiness, design and testing teams
- Provide guidance to the IPTs and Chief Engineering on verification / certification related matters, with particular focus on Means of Compliance and testing activities needed for the verification and validation (V&V) plans
- Provide guidance concerning compliance and standards to relevant personnel
- Utilize experience and expertise to solve problems that effect both the short and long term goals of the company and its projects.
- University degree in Engineering in one of the STEM fields (M.Sc./M.Eng preferred)
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant professional experience in the aerospace industry is required, including at five of these in a supervisory role
- Understanding of OEM Engineering Organisations
- Experience in developing and certifying aircraft and/or systems; preferably CS-E, CS/FAR-27 or CS/FAR-23, SC-VTOL/SC E-19 in eVTOL aircraft/systems is beneficial
- Experience in planning, developing and managing Validation & Verification processes is beneficial; in particular V&V plans, testing, flight testing, configuration management
- Awareness of Part 21J contents and requirements is required
- Experience working with SAE-ARP-4754A is required, DO-178, DO-254, DO-160 are beneficial
- A strong sense of pragmatism and the ability to deal with ambiguity is required
- Strong motivation and passion to contribute to developing a new technology and bringing it to the market
- Target-oriented, driven work style with willingness to proactively overcome impediments in everyday activities and interaction with colleagues is required
- Possess an ability to work in fast-pace, rapidly changing and occasionally stressful environment while maintaining a high degree of flexibility, accuracy, and attention to detail
- Should hold excellent initiative and judgment skills to make recommendations for improvements in our processes and product offerings.
- Must be willing to undertake new responsibilities as business needs change
- Presents self professionally and courteously with internal customers
- A proven achiever with strong team-building and interpersonal communication skills and must be able to develop strong relationships with new and existing customers
- Must be able to focus on key tasks, prioritize duties, and manage multiple priorities
- Fluent English language skills are essential, fluent German or any other language is beneficial
Want to know more? Then view our 'Why join Lilium' page!
Life at Lilium:
The wellbeing of our employees is a high priority. In our HQ we have many initiatives such as free healthy food and drinks, free in-house gym and health days. In remote offices we offer online opportunities to stay connected and develop yourself as well including our culture club, learning terminal, Employee Assistance Program and many more.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.