Procurement Manager - Contracts and Templates
A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. We take pride in pushing the boundaries of engineering, technology and customer experience.
As part of a team, you will tackle challenges and deliver something that has never been done before. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with a world-class entrepreneurial team of more than 800 people who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
You will always act with safety and integrity in mind and embody our core behaviors of efficient and positive collaboration, ownership of time, continuous improvements and, ultimately delivering results.
We thrive on diversity and creating an inclusive culture, with more than 50 nationalities currently working hard to bring our vision of a sustainable world to life.
Procurement Manager – Contracts and Templates
Your role and your team:
We are looking for an ambitious and experienced Procurement Manager for Contracts and Templates, working closely with senior leadership in Strategic Procurement, Supply Chain, Legal, Finance, Logistics, Engineering as well as major suppliers to ensure program objectives are met and stay on schedule.
Reporting to the Head of Procurement Operational Excellence, you are responsible for the entire contract and template framework for all Lilium’s procurement functions. You will work closely with various stakeholder groups to ensure Lilium’s contracts and templates are adequately protecting Lilium´s interests and meet all necessary operational and quality standards of EASA 21G and EN9100.
Procurement at Lilium means to work within a team of highly skilled experts managing the creation and establishment of a professional aircraft and non-aircraft supply base with the highest quality product available in time – while meeting technical corporate standards based on a complete new worldwide market eco system.
Your Day to Day:
- Own Contracting related processes within Procurement and some additional Sourcing ones.
- Support the full lifecycle of contracts from initiation to signature and monitoring, in close collaboration with the Legal team.
- Work with Lilium Legal team to develop and maintain several contract templates in various categories including aircraft production and CAPEX equipment.
- Work with the Legal team to develop all other types of contract templates including non-disclosure agreements, memoranda of understanding, letters of intent, research collaboration agreements, Intellectual Property (IP) licensing agreements.
- Ensure the implementation of and compliance with a contract deviations process with related contract deviation approval levels based upon the severity of the proposed deviations in the contract.
- Serve as a subject matter expert for all procurement contracts.
- Create and evolve the procurement contracting strategy aligned to the overarching company strategy.
- Assist Category Managers in understanding and negotiating contract terms in line with Lilium’s commodity strategy.
- Assess and interpret contracts for content and language; make recommendations for improved terms and seek support from Legal team regarding applicable laws and regulations.
- Maintain the overview and status of all agreements (and adherence thereto), as well as open items and areas of improvement.
- Administer records in Lilium’s Contract Lifecycle Management system in line with regulatory and business requirements.
- Participate in internal and external contract audits, as required.
- Business or Law degree is required.
- Minimum 5 years of progressive experience in Procurement, Legal, or consulting roles (person between the buyers and Legal team) with heavy contract interfaces.
- Experience as Contract Manager with German contract law is required; any other jurisdictions (such as US contract law) are a plus.
- In-depth knowledge of contract drafting, management, and change control is required.
- Understanding and experience of Procurement requirements in the Manufacturing and Services industry.
- Outstanding interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to define and deploy digital solutions, particularly in the area of Contract Management systems and process.
- Fluent in English, advanced level in German is desirable.
Want to know more? Then view our 'Why join Lilium' page!
Life at Lilium:
The wellbeing of our employees is a high priority. In our HQ we have many initiatives such as free healthy food and drinks, free in-house gym and health days. In remote offices we offer online opportunities to stay connected and develop yourself as well including our culture club, learning terminal, Employee Assistance Program and many more.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.