Analysis Engineer - Structural Dynamics
A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. We take pride in pushing the boundaries of engineering, technology and customer experience.
As part of a team, you will tackle challenges and deliver something that has never been done before. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with a world-class entrepreneurial team of more than 800 people who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
You will always act with safety and integrity in mind and embody our core behaviors of efficient and positive collaboration, ownership of time, continuous improvements and, ultimately delivering results.
We thrive on diversity and creating an inclusive culture, with more than 50 nationalities currently working hard to bring our vision of a sustainable world to life.
We are seeking a highly skilled Structural Dynamics Analysis Engineer with expertise in aerospace applications to join our innovative team and help us shape the future of urban e-mobility.
In this position, you will have the exciting opportunity to work within the rapidly growing Structural Analysis Team as part of the Design and Aerostructures Function. You will report to Tools & Methods Team Lead, and you will interact with other teams within Structural Analysis as well as the Flight Mechanics, Loads, Aeroelastics and Mass Properties teams.
Lilium welcomes people from all over the world. We are a multinational company and happy to support our new top talents with relocation. We have helped our new hires to meet their Visa criteria and successfully settle in Munich.
Your Day to Day:
- Perform vibration analysis of aircraft structures to identify areas for design enhancements and structural improvements.
- Establish and maintain comprehensive guidelines on vibration analysis and develop procedures to guide design activities.
- Responsible for determining the dynamic evaluation methods to support certification activities at both component and aircraft levels.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define vibration zoning requirements.
- Actively take part in Ground Vibration Testing (GVT) activities from test plans preparation, definition of instrumentation to results evaluation.
- Validate Finite Element Analysis (FEA) models using test data, with a particular focus on Global Finite Element Model (GFEM).
- Assess and validate the structural integrity and dynamic characteristics of aircraft and aircraft components using test data to ensure compliance with industry standards.
- Engineering degree in Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related field is required.
- 5+ years of experience in structural dynamics analysis of aircraft structures.
- Proficiency in modal analysis, frequency response analysis, and random vibration analysis.
- Knowledge on structural optimization techniques.
- Familiarity with stress, fatigue and damage tolerance assessments especially for CFRP and metallic structures is a plus.
- In-depth understanding of the loading scenarios and mechanical behaviour of aircraft structures.
- Extensive working experience with commercial FE tools preferably Hypermesh, Optistruct, Nastran.
- Proficiency in scripting languages such as Python, MATLAB, Bash Scripting.
- Familiarity with “HW tcl” and “Visual Basic” scripting is a plus.
- Background in modal testing, component testing, and flight testing.
- Experience in test data processing and FEA model correlations with test results.
- Knowledge of industry standards such as MIL-STD-810, DO-160 and other applicable ISO standards.
- Target-oriented and driven workstyle with analytic problem-solving skills.
- Effective reporting and presentation abilities.
- Strong teamwork and communication skills for effective collaboration with cross-functional teams.
- Fluent English language skills are essential.
Want to know more? Then view our 'Why join Lilium' page!
Life at Lilium:
The wellbeing of our employees is a high priority. In our HQ we have many initiatives such as free healthy food and drinks, free in-house gym and health days. In remote offices we offer online opportunities to stay connected and develop yourself as well including our culture club, learning terminal, Employee Assistance Program and many more.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.