Analysis Engineer - Propulsion Structure Methods & Tools
A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. We take pride in pushing the boundaries of engineering, technology and customer experience.
As part of a team, you will tackle challenges and deliver something that has never been done before. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with a world-class entrepreneurial team of more than 800 people who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
You will always act with safety and integrity in mind and embody our core behaviors of efficient and positive collaboration, ownership of time, continuous improvements and, ultimately delivering results.
We thrive on diversity and creating an inclusive culture, with more than 50 nationalities currently working hard to bring our vision of a sustainable world to life.
We are looking for an outstanding Analysis engineer with a strong background in structural stress analysis for propulsion systems to join our innovative team and help us shape the future of urban e-mobility.
In this position, you will have the exciting opportunity to work within the rapidly growing Structural Analysis Team as part of the Design and Aerostructures Function. You will report to a Tools & Methods Team Lead and work closely with the structural analysis engineers in the Integrated Project Team for Propulsion.
Lilium welcomes people from all over the world. We are a multinational company and happy to support our new top talents with relocation. We have helped our new hires to meet their Visa criteria and successfully settle in Munich.
Your Day to Day:
- Development of structural analysis methods for propulsion unit structures certification.
- Establish well-defined technical procedures and standard analysis practices.
- Support test campaigns to validate stress analysis tools and methods as part of propulsion structures compliance strategy.
- Creation of tools for stress analysis pre/post processing tasks automation
- You will have a particular focus on developing the methodologies for the topics such as:
- Linear and non-linear static analysis
- Fatigue analysis (LCF, HCF)
- Fracture mechanics analysis
- Vibration analysis such as modal, frequency or harmonic response, eigenmodes analysis (real and complex)
- Random/Spectral input vibration and fatigue analysis
- Work closely with your Team Lead and Structural Analysis Engineers from Propulsion IPT to define and improve analysis methods to support the validation and verification strategy of the propulsion unit structures and attachments.
- Engineering degree in Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related field is required.
- 5+ years of experience in Structural analysis, with application to aerospace engines and/or turbomachinery and/or electric engines.
- In-depth knowledge of stress analysis methods in fatigue and damage tolerance assessments, time/frequency domain dynamic analysis and random vibration analysis.
- Scripting experience in programming languages such as Python, MATLAB, Bash Scripting, VBA etc.
- Scripting experience in HW tcl is a big plus.
- Experience in FEA model correlations with test results.
- Advanced knowledge of stress analysis methods following established standards for CFRP and metallic structures, particularly for complex assemblies.
- Familiarity with analytical hand calculation methods such as Bruhn, Peterson, HSB, VDI etc.
- Confidence in the application of optimization techniques.
- Extensive working experience with the commercial implicit FE code OPTISTRUCT, and corresponding pre- and post-processing tools (HyperMesh and HyperView) is a must.
- Professional experience in NASTRAN (Especially SOL 107, SOL 108, SOL 110, SOL 111, SOL 112, SOL 128, SOL 400) is a strong plus.
- Familiarity with Aviation Vibration standards such as DO160G-Chapter 8 and MIL-STD-810 and other applicable ISO standards is a plus.
- Knowledge of Analysis Validation with experimental methods (especially relating to CS-E type means of compliance such as the AMC E 650) is a plus.
- Motivated, initiative and driven problem-solving attitude are critical as well as a high level of self-reliance and an autonomous target-oriented work style.
- Fluent English language skills are essential, fluent German or any other language would be beneficial.
Want to know more? Then view our 'Why join Lilium' page!
Life at Lilium:
The wellbeing of our employees is a high priority. In our HQ we have many initiatives such as free healthy food and drinks, free in-house gym and health days. In remote offices we offer online opportunities to stay connected and develop yourself as well including our culture club, learning terminal, Employee Assistance Program and many more.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.