Analysis Engineer - Battery System
A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. We take pride in pushing the boundaries of engineering, technology and customer experience.
As part of a team, you will tackle challenges and deliver something that has never been done before. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with a world-class entrepreneurial team of more than 800 people who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
You will always act with safety and integrity in mind and embody our core behaviors of efficient and positive collaboration, ownership of time, continuous improvements and, ultimately delivering results.
We thrive on diversity and creating an inclusive culture, with more than 50 nationalities currently working hard to bring our vision of a sustainable world to life.
We are looking for an outstanding analysis engineer with a strong background in stress, fatigue and structural dynamics analysis, to work within the team dealing with the structural calculations of the Energy Storage System (ESS) and help us shape the future of urban e-mobility.
In this position, you will have the exciting opportunity to work within the rapidly growing Structural Analysis Team. You will report to the Team Lead - Stress, through the function, working as part of the Structural Analysis Department. You will also be part of the multi-disciplinary Integrated Project Team (IPT) for the “Energy Storage System”.
Lilium welcomes people from all over the world. We are a multinational company and happy to support our new top talents with relocation. We have helped our new hires to meet their Visa criteria and successfully settle in Munich.
Your Day to Day:
- Sizing and stress analysis of aircraft structural components and their interfaces related to the energy storage system, i.e. battery casings or attachment brackets, and their checks and approvals.
- Support battery cell and energy storage module design related development activities throughout the entire product development process.
- Create, manage and validate detailed FE models of complete energy storage system structures and their installations, with responsibility for the full workflow of numerical modelling, solving and post-processing.
- Create clear and concise technical reports and documentation
- Actively define modelling methods and optimization techniques to support an efficient product development.
- Hold full responsibility for all structural analysis methods relevant to energy storage systems, as well as their development. Communicate the necessary updates with methods & tools team.
- Collaborate closely with Engineers from Mechanical Design, Manufacturing and System Testing.
- Sc./M.Eng. or PhD in Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related field is required.
- 10+ years of experience in structural analysis with application to aircraft structures and in the best case to energy storage related structures.
- Excellent knowledge of stress, fatigue and structural dynamics (vibration /frequency response function) analysis methods following established standards
- In-depth understanding of the loading scenarios and mechanical behaviour of air vehicle structures as well as energy storage systems and their installations.
- Extensive working experience with commercial implicit tools (knowledge of OptiStruct, Nastran and their corresponding pre/post-processors is of preference) is a must, and with explicit FE codes (i.e. LS-DYNA, Radioss) is beneficial.
- Strong experience with composite materials and their structural behaviour.
- Knowledge in adhesives and non-structural materials (i.e. foam and rubber materials).
- Experience in battery cell modelling (both on structural/vehicle level and module/cell level).
- Target-oriented, driven workstyle with analytic problem-solving skills is required, as well as strong reporting and presentation skills
- Fluent English language skills are essential, fluent German or any other language would be beneficial
Want to know more? Then view our 'Why join Lilium' page!
Life at Lilium:
The wellbeing of our employees is a high priority. In our HQ we have many initiatives such as free healthy food and drinks, free in-house gym and health days. In remote offices we offer online opportunities to stay connected and develop yourself as well including our culture club, learning terminal, Employee Assistance Program and many more.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.