Thermal Engineer - Electric Propulsion System Experimental Validation Specialist
A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. We take pride in pushing the boundaries of engineering, technology and customer experience.
As part of a team, you will tackle challenges and deliver something that has never been done before. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with a world-class entrepreneurial team of more than 800 people who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
You will always act with safety and integrity in mind and embody our core behaviors of efficient and positive collaboration, ownership of time, continuous improvements and, ultimately delivering results.
We thrive on diversity and creating an inclusive culture, with more than 50 nationalities currently working hard to bring our vision of a sustainable world to life.
Your Role and your Team:
We are looking for an outstanding thermal engineer to join our innovative team that will shape the future of urban e-mobility.
You will report to the Propulsion Thermal & Performance Team Leader and will contribute, as part of the propulsion integrated cross-functional team, to the development, certification and delivery of the Lilium Jet. In particular, you will focus on supporting the verification test campaign for the thermal performance of the propulsion system or sub-systems.
Your Day to Day:
- Contribute to the development of the UUT and the definition of the rig requirements
- Support thermal test preparation and commissioning activities
- Close cooperation with the test engineers responsible for the different propulsion test rigs
- drive day to day decisions to ensure quick execution of tests and on-time delivery of results
- test data post-processing and analysis
- Define and support system validation activities.
- Define and support the system performance testing activities for certification (EASA SC E19 subpartD)
- Provide detailed reports for certification purposes.
- Close cooperation with the thermal development engineers responsible for the component or sub-system
- Close cooperation with the engineers developing the compressor, the actuator components or powertrain components (electrical machine, power electronics ,…)
- or Ph.D. in Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering required
- 3-5 years experience as thermal engineer involved in test campaigns for R&D, validation and verification
- Able to coordinate tasks and interface with complex multidisciplinary team to deliver project (production, test engineers, specialists)
- Strong problem solving and decision making skills including past experience in root-cause analysis activities
- Experience with Matlab required.
- High level of self-reliance with the ability to work in a team, as well as autonomous
- Dynamic and positive personality
- Fluent English language skills are essential.
Want to know more? Then view our 'Why join Lilium' page!
Life at Lilium:
The wellbeing of our employees is a high priority. In our HQ we have many initiatives such as free healthy food and drinks, free in-house gym and health days. In remote offices we offer online opportunities to stay connected and develop yourself as well including our culture club, learning terminal, Employee Assistance Program and many more.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.