Systems Engineer - Flight Management System
A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. We take pride in pushing the boundaries of engineering, technology and customer experience.
As part of a team, you will tackle challenges and deliver something that has never been done before. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with a world-class entrepreneurial team of more than 800 people who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
You will always act with safety and integrity in mind and embody our core behaviors of efficient and positive collaboration, ownership of time, continuous improvements and, ultimately delivering results.
We thrive on diversity and creating an inclusive culture, with more than 50 nationalities currently working hard to bring our vision of a sustainable world to life.
Your role and your team:
We are looking for an outstanding and experienced System Engineer for our Flight Management System to shape the future of urban e-mobility at our headquarters in the beautiful area of Bavaria, close to Munich in Germany.
In this role you will work as a Systems Engineer as part of a larger Core Avionics Team, where you will be responsible for developing a cutting-edge integrated Flight Management System, whilst collaborating with a wide range of stakeholders. You will be responsible for preparing the development lifecycle artefacts, and ensuring the safety and certification of the Lilium Jet.
You will have a chance in shaping the future of mobility by not only contribute to the development of the Flight Guidance System, but also supporting the certification process in co-ordination with regulatory partners/suppliers, and setting new standards in the industry.
You will also contribute to the development of subsystems and components and ensure their compliance to safety standard, as well as working directly with modelling, simulation and software development.
- Develop next generation Flight Management System solution for eVTOL aircraft.
- Participate in functional development, validation and implementation of the system, and ensure ARP4754A compliance.
- Produce certification documents and work directly with compliance demonstration for the regulatory requirements
- Perform system planning activities, define requirements for subsystems and components
- Work closely with the Avionics Supplier to ensure compliance to applicable ETSOs and ARP4754A.
- Work closely with Safety and Security teams to ensure Compliance to ARP4761 and the various Cyber Security Standards in the Industry
- Work closely with the Airworthiness Team to ensure compliance to SC-VTOL; as well as associated MOCs and other regulatory objectives.
- Define incremental certification and reuse concepts applicable to the aircraft.
- Collaborate with other departments and external suppliers to find the simplest and most elegant solutions.
- Bachelors or better degree in Aerospace Engineering, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field.
- At least 5 years of demonstrated experience in ATA-34 systems development.
- Deep understanding in application of ARP-4754A and ARP4761
- Demonstrated knowledge of ARINC 424, ARINC 702A and other FMS related standards and regulations
- Fluent English language skills are essential.
Preferred Skills and Experiences:
- Completed one or more Civil Certification Programmes, preferably against EASA or FAA regulations.
- Experiences with managing Suppliers.
- Experiences with DO-178C and DO-331.
- Hands-on experience in MATLAB and Simulink
- Hands-on experience with MBSE application (e.g. Capella, UML/SysML, etc)
- Good working knowledge with regulatory material and certification requirements.
- Working knowledge of System Engineering principles such as INCOSE, and ISO15288.
- Exposure or Background in Airborne Communications, Navigation and Surveillance.
- Involvement in Certification audits, preferably EASA or FAA.
- Target-oriented, driven workstyle with analytic problem-solving skills required.
- Good communication skills and an open minded collaborative mindset.
- Fluent German or any other language would be beneficial.
Want to know more? Then view our 'Why join Lilium' page!
Life at Lilium:
The wellbeing of our employees is a high priority. In our HQ we have many initiatives such as free healthy food and drinks, free in-house gym and health days. In remote offices we offer online opportunities to stay connected and develop yourself as well including our culture club, learning terminal, Employee Assistance Program and many more.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.