Manufacturing Engineer - Electronics
A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. We take pride in pushing the boundaries of engineering, technology and customer experience.
As part of a team, you will tackle challenges and deliver something that has never been done before. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with a world-class entrepreneurial team of more than 800 people who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
You will always act with safety and integrity in mind and embody our core behaviors of efficient and positive collaboration, ownership of time, continuous improvements and, ultimately delivering results.
We thrive on diversity and creating an inclusive culture, with more than 50 nationalities currently working hard to bring our vision of a sustainable world to life.
The Lilium Supply Chain Manufacturing Engineering Team is part of the Supply Chain Operations Organization and is responsible for the realisation of the technological capabilities that drive our shared vision forward, using the capabilities of a global supply chain. You will be instrumental in leading the industrialisation of our external partners to meet our vision. This includes the development of new components and assemblies, taking them through to stable production, using a zero defects approach. Our mission is to completely secure NPI programmes with our suppliers, to enable the smooth introduction and ramp up of our demand into our internal build lines, where the Lilium Jet will go through its final assembly steps.
As our Electronics specialist, you will be responsible for a wide range of components and assemblies that enable our aircraft controls, power and avionics systems. From the initial Design for Manufacturing activities to the realisation of high volume production rates, you will be fully enabled to develop your product group to be best in class.
Your Day to Day:
- Working as the manufacturing specialist, you will enforce Design for Manufacturing / Assembly / Testing with your design team to enable the goal of high rate, cost effective production and be the voice of supplier - manufacturing for your product group.
- You will lead / support the development of Technology Demonstrators with our suppliers to enable initial design maturity of next generation aircraft products.
- You will develop, drive and deliver all technical aspects of the industrialisation road map with our suppliers, enforcing clear collaboration between the respective parties to secure delivery against business case cost & quality targets.
- You will be the Product Specialist in the Manufacturing Review Boards on location at supplier facilities. Enabling fast, clear decision making on your product, while establishing the improvement actions necessary to prevent common recurrences.
- You will lead the interface / collaboration between the Design Organization and the Production Organization of the assigned product group, supporting all relative studies, analyses, tests, trade-offs to enable manufacturing a final product that fulfils the design requirements.
- You will lead, track and improve supplier manufacturing process development and launch readiness, to achieve best-in-class product, when measured against performance, weight, cost and quality.
- You will proactively identify and justify the introduction of new materials, processes and manufacturing technologies that enable your development road map.
- You will be responsible for the right first time delivery of each element of the PPAP framework against your product and establish best practice to enable secure NPI delivery to a recognised industry standard.
- You will develop all New Technology Projects through a gated MRL process, to determine the maturity of each new technology for its inclusion in the next generation of your product.
- You are directly responsible for the delivery of your products to their FAI to AS/EN9102.
- You have as minimum an Engineering Bachelor Degree in the field of Electronics, Mechanical, Materials, Mechatronics, or any other relevant Engineering degree. A Masters degree and or MBA would be advantageous
- 5+ years of experience gained working in a manufacturing engineering role in the Aerospace or Automotive Industry
- You have demonstrated expertise in manufacturing process development and process improvement
- You have experience with electronics/SMT assembly manufacturing processes and standards, as well as cable and harness assembly
- You have experience in Electronics manufacturing test tools (AOI, ICT, EOLT)
- Experience with Mechanical parts manufacturing processes; especially for Avionics / Electronics’ boxes will be very advantageous
- You understand and can apply the concepts of lean production
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build trust and consensus and secure commitment from all team members with mature judgement of the appropriate level of research/response to the customer/situation.
- You will have demonstrable capabilities in influencing design through Design for Manufacturing (DFM), Design for Assembly (DFA), Design for Testing (DFT) and RCCA activities.
- You will have demonstrated experience in the development of new Electronic boxes or Mechanical products from initial concept to market entry.
- You will have knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) and inspection capabilities and requirements relevant to Electronics.
- Technical understanding of Electrical Drawings / Mechanical Drawings & Requirements, to enable your position as the key technical interface between Design, Production and the Supplier.
- You have a proven track record in the management of complex tasks/projects in a multi-national environment.
- You have demonstrable experience of operating alone in supplier facilities, with strong communication skills that support the working practices of local management to technical personnel.
- Excellent team-building/collaboration skills, dealing with internal and external peers.
- Experience of implementing PPAP/APQP processes and standards.
- Experience in Manufacturing Readiness Level or Technology Readiness Level development is considered beneficial.
- You have a can-do mindset, an ability to understand and analyse a problem and come up with solutions.
- This position may require regular travels across Europe, North America as well as worldwide for supplier visits.
Want to know more? Then view our 'Why join Lilium' page!
Life at Lilium:
The wellbeing of our employees is a high priority. In our HQ we have many initiatives such as free healthy food and drinks, free in-house gym and health days. In remote offices we offer online opportunities to stay connected and develop yourself as well including our culture club, learning terminal, Employee Assistance Program and many more.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.