Quality Process Engineer Part 21G
A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. We take pride in pushing the boundaries of engineering, technology and customer experience.
As part of a team, you will tackle challenges and deliver something that has never been done before. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with a world-class entrepreneurial team of more than 800 people who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
You will always act with safety and integrity in mind and embody our core behaviors of efficient and positive collaboration, ownership of time, continuous improvements and, ultimately delivering results.
We thrive on diversity and creating an inclusive culture, with more than 50 nationalities currently working hard to bring our vision of a sustainable world to life.
Your role and your team:
Reporting to the Team Leader Quality Process Management - Production and Repair - Munich, you will implement the quality management system of Lilium’s Production Organisation, manage the internal processes, control plan, audits program and the interface with the Regulatory Agencies (EASA, FAA etc) to obtain and maintain the company approvals and certifications (EASA Part 21.G, FAA 14CFR Part 21.G, EN9100).
Our PO Quality Team taking care on Production Organisation and Repair activities is responsible for a wide range of tasks related to gain and maintain our Production Organisation Approval from the relevant regulatory bodies. As well as engaging with those bodies and supporting audits, our day-to-day work consists of managing quality conformance, quality escapes and inspection and certification activities within the Lilium production and flight test facilities. We also take care on employee authorisation and certification within Part 21G activities.
Your Day to Day:
- Liaise with different areas of the company to integrate required business processes into a Lilium Quality System for production organization approval
- Work in close cooperation with our POA project management to ensure POA process requirements
- Carry out CP (Control plan) development for our workshops and assembly line for in Quality, on time and on cost production ramp up
- Take care on implementation of APQP, PFMEA and SPC within the lilium production system
- Prepare and maintain the internal audits program and conduct internal audits in accordance with EASA Part 21.G and 14CFR Part 21.G regulations, and EN9100 standard for Production Organisations.
- Coordinate day-to-day communication and need with other teams
- Contribute to development and control of the Production Organisation Handbook
- Define and control the Production Quality Metrics and conduct periodic quality reviews.
- Support and mentor other team members in topics concerning Quality and Aviation Regulations for Production.
- Engineering Degree in Aerospace or related field.
- Min of 3 years of experience in the implementation and maintenance of a Quality System in an Aerospace Production Organisation.
- Experience in EASA Part 21.G and EN9100 or equivalent Quality requirements
- Experience with robust knowledge on the processes and requirements to obtain a Production Organisation Approval.
- Must be proactive, good communicator and able to gain credibility across all levels of the organisation.
- Desired knowledge of APQP, PFMEA and SPC
- Experience in process development
- Fact-driven, resilient, and personally committed to achieving success – without ego.
- Must be a proactive, open, and direct communicator who engages comfortably and credibly with all levels of the organisation.
- Strong motivation to help build and shape your organisation, structures and processes
- High level of self-reliance with the ability to work in a team as well as autonomously
- Target-oriented, driven work style with analytic problem solving skills required
- Fluent English language skills are essential, fluent German or any other language would be beneficial
Want to know more? Then view our 'Why join Lilium' page!
Life at Lilium:
The wellbeing of our employees is a high priority. In our HQ we have many initiatives such as free healthy food and drinks, free in-house gym and health days. In remote offices we offer online opportunities to stay connected and develop yourself as well including our culture club, learning terminal, Employee Assistance Program and many more.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.