Principal Design Engineer - EWIS
A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. We take pride in pushing the boundaries of engineering, technology and customer experience.
As part of a team, you will tackle challenges and deliver something that has never been done before. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with a world-class entrepreneurial team of more than 800 people who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
You will always act with safety and integrity in mind and embody our core behaviors of efficient and positive collaboration, ownership of time, continuous improvements and, ultimately delivering results.
We thrive on diversity and creating an inclusive culture, with more than 50 nationalities currently working hard to bring our vision of a sustainable world to life.
Your role and your team:
This position will report to our EWIS manager and will actively contribute to the EWIS development. The Principal Design Engineer - EWIS is part of an interdisciplinary integrated project team responsible for the complete development of EWIS from architecture definition, through design, verification and certification up to the delivery of the Lilium aircraft.
We are looking to reinforce our EWIS team with a principal level professional, able to lead all EWIS design aspects related to harnesses, assemblies, and parts in 2D and 3D including schematics, wiring diagrams and drawings. This role also drives transversal activities such as quality management and supplier management. You will take responsibility for the development of subsystems and components and ensure their compliance to certification and safety standards.
From mechanical or composite parts design to harness routing and optimization of the routing architecture you will play a key role in bringing our innovative aircraft to life.
Your Day to Day:
- Create complex harnesses, assemblies and their routing throughout their lifecycle in CAD (Siemens NX)
- Design and optimise 3D aerospace parts in CAD (Siemens NX)
- Derive electrical system schematics, wiring diagrams and 2D drawings appropriate for production and certification
- Collaborate with engineers of other disciplines, for example Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering and Manufacturing Engineering
- Prepare and continuously improve processes, guidelines and tools for EWIS design.
- Degree in relevant engineering discipline such as Electrical Engineering, Physics or a related field required
- Minimum 10 years of aerospace experience, with good knowledge of a Part 21J design organisation environment
- Experience with electrical harness design and routing in the context of aerospace is required
- Strong knowledge of Siemens NX is beneficial (other CAD tool knowledge will be considered)
- Knowledge of electrical 2D drawing tools such as Electre, Zuken, Capital Graphics, Autocad Electrical, NX schematics is beneficial
- Good knowledge of aerospace standards and specifications such as AC43.13-1B, ATA chapter 20, ATA 100, S1000D, ARP4754A and DO160 is beneficial
- Demonstrable knowledge and ability to integrate state-of-the-art design and manufacturing methods into product concepts and designs is required
- Good knowledge of harness routing and installations rules (such as redundancy, segregations, protections, band radius, attachment, marking, etc.) is beneficial
- Advanced knowledge of ISO GPS (alternatively ASME GD&T) and overall good drafting skills are required
- Basic knowledge with PDM/PLM systems (Teamcenter or equivalent) is required
- Experience with regulatory requirements, standards and aerospace certification procedures is beneficial
- Strong motivation to help build processes, guidelines and tools for EWIS design is required
- High level of self-reliance with the ability to work in a team, as well as autonomously is required
- Target-oriented, driven work style with analytic problem-solving skills required
- Ability and willingness to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing work environment is required
- Fluent English language skills are essential, fluent German or any other language would be beneficial
Want to know more? Then view our 'Why join Lilium' page!
Life at Lilium:
The wellbeing of our employees is a high priority. In our HQ we have many initiatives such as free healthy food and drinks, free in-house gym and health days. In remote offices we offer online opportunities to stay connected and develop yourself as well including our culture club, learning terminal, Employee Assistance Program and many more.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.