PLM Solution Engineer
A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. We take pride in pushing the boundaries of engineering, technology and customer experience.
As part of a team, you will tackle challenges and deliver something that has never been done before. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with a world-class entrepreneurial team of more than 800 people who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
You will always act with safety and integrity in mind and embody our core behaviors of efficient and positive collaboration, ownership of time, continuous improvements and, ultimately delivering results.
We thrive on diversity and creating an inclusive culture, with more than 50 nationalities currently working hard to bring our vision of a sustainable world to life.
Your role and your team:
As a IT Solution Engineer PLM Systems, you will be tasked with implementation and operation of industry proven PLM solutions for to enable state-of-the-art design processes and end-to-end configuration management processes well as support of production and service processes. Working closely with stakeholders to understand the business requirements and value opportunity, you will participate in the implementation and support our end-to-end PLM architecture based on Siemens Teamcenter.
You will be part of the DevOps Engineering Team and work closely with different teams in Lilium’s Design Organization, other global IT teams, and Production Organization. The DevOps Engineering Team owns end-to-end responsibility for sourcing, integrating, and deploying applications & solutions required by Lilium’s engineers to develop our aircraft. Of course, product design and product life management is a core activity, and the DevOps Engineering-Team provides the environment for this: Deployment, customization & operation of industry proven PLM solutions as well as the integration of a variety of upstream and downstream tools into our solution for product lifecycle management (PLM) are our core deliverables & services in Lilium.
You will be responsible for development tasks & operation of our PLM-System (Siemens Teamcenter) and necessary infrastructure (Desktop and virtual machines in the public cloud). This is an exceptional opportunity to join one of the fastest, most well-funded and exciting aerospace companies in the world and join the exciting journey of the Lilium Jet early in its inception phase. You will contribute to grow our technical excellence to start a transition to cloud-native PLM environment.
Your Day to Day:
- Translate the business’ requirements and problems into IT demands, evaluation of IT solutions, and implementation or enhancement of applications.
- Ensures technical integrity and compliance with guidelines on architecture, security, GDPR etc.
- Support of the PLM users and process and methods experts (hotline, expert consulting) based on business needs and Lilium standards
- Accountable for technical documentation like system landscape documentation
- Lead IT-Service providers in small to medium sized initiatives and service operations
- Use your system skills to either solve and/or coordinate resolution of technical issues in the backend, deployment, and operation of the PLM-System.
- Work with the engineers and IT-Operations to ensure the PLM system complies with regulatory requirements for storage/backup and retrieval imposed by EASA & FAA.
- Min of 5 years’ hands-on experience in development, integration, deployment & operation of Siemens Teamcenter PLM-System in the automotive or aerospace industry – OEM-experience or solution provider experience is very welcome.
- Experience in PLM-infrastructure operations
- Scrum master is a plus
- Experience with teamcenter-aaS (TC X) is a plus.
- Experience with the transition to cloud-based solutions is a plus.
- Analytical skills & desire to cut decisions based on data combined with a service-oriented mindset.
- Ability to enjoy working in a fast-paced, agile environment that requires resilience to change and self-management but offers multiple directions for growth.
- Project management is a plus
- Fluent in English, German is a plus
Want to know more? Then view our 'Why join Lilium' page!
Life at Lilium:
The wellbeing of our employees is a high priority. In our HQ we have many initiatives such as free healthy food and drinks, free in-house gym and health days. In remote offices we offer online opportunities to stay connected and develop yourself as well including our culture club, learning terminal, Employee Assistance Program and many more.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.