Operations Launch Controller (m/f/d)
A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. We take pride in pushing the boundaries of engineering, technology and customer experience.
As part of a team, you will tackle challenges and deliver something that has never been done before. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with a world-class entrepreneurial team of more than 800 people who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
You will always act with safety and integrity in mind and embody our core behaviors of efficient and positive collaboration, ownership of time, continuous improvements and, ultimately delivering results.
We thrive on diversity and creating an inclusive culture, with more than 50 nationalities currently working hard to bring our vision of a sustainable world to life.
In the role of Launch Control at Lilium, you will play a critical role in the successful launch and ongoing operations of our new manufacturing facilities. In this dynamic and fast-paced environment, you will be responsible for driving operational excellence, resolving issues, optimizing delivery, controlling costs, and positively influencing teams. The ideal candidate will possess a high level of flexibility, be action-focused and data-driven, and have strong cross-functional collaboration skills.
- Act as the focal point for the operations launch plan, driving day +1 enablement, effectively prioritising support functions
- Serve as the primary point of contact for issue management and reporting, facilitating cross-functional collaboration to ensure timely resolution.
- Remain responsive to changing operational requirements and closely collaborate with Production, Planning, and Control (PP&C) and other support functions to provide dynamic feedback into the production plan.
- Drive necessary changes to product and process based on captured issues.
- Lead working groups to expedite issue resolution and maintain operational efficiency.
- Ensure robust capture and prioritization of product and process safety issues, working closely with the Team Lead and closing safety actions within agreed timeframes.
- Collaborate closely with the quality team to reduce the impact of non-conformances (NCs) proactively and systematically on the business, prioritizing response actions with the cross-functional team.
- Effectively conduct issue management cadence at the shop floor level and provide comprehensive reports.
- Understand gaps to OEE (Overall Equipment Efficiency) target and proactively plan OEE improvements with cross-functional teams.
- Collaborate with Manufacturing Engineering (ME) and PP&C to ensure accurate representation of build timings and OEE in the production planning process, aligned with the OEE improvement glide path.
- Action-focused and data-driven, with a strong ability to challenge the status quo.
- Flexible in adapting to changes in working hours as needed.
- Non-people manager role, but highly effective at collaborating cross-functionally.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field or equivalent experience.
- Proven experience in a manufacturing or operations role, preferably in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Strong understanding of production processes, quality management systems, and continuous improvement methodologies.
- Excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Effective communicator with the ability to collaborate and influence across functions.
- Demonstrated ability to drive change and deliver results in a challenging and evolving environment.
Want to know more? Then view our 'Why join Lilium' page!
Life at Lilium:
The wellbeing of our employees is a high priority. In our HQ we have many initiatives such as free healthy food and drinks, free in-house gym and health days. In remote offices we offer online opportunities to stay connected and develop yourself as well including our culture club, learning terminal, Employee Assistance Program and many more.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.