Head of Supply Chain Operations - Cells
A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. We take pride in pushing the boundaries of engineering, technology and customer experience.
As part of a team, you will tackle challenges and deliver something that has never been done before. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with a world-class entrepreneurial team of more than 800 people who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
You will always act with safety and integrity in mind and embody our core behaviors of efficient and positive collaboration, ownership of time, continuous improvements and, ultimately delivering results.
We thrive on diversity and creating an inclusive culture, with more than 50 nationalities currently working hard to bring our vision of a sustainable world to life.
Your Role and your Team:
- Manage a direct team of professionals consisting of Supply Chain Operations Managers, Supply Chain Manufacturing Engineers with Indirect support from Supplier Quality Managers, Category Managers and ERP specialists to Develop, Manage and Optimise the global CELLs supply chain.
- Manage the team to deliver global Supply Chain Operations “end to end”, from forecasting/planning, purchasing, supplier development & monitoring, delivery to final payment (P2P)
- Ensure that the team operates a “Plant Manager” mindset for their respective scope, be in control and take responsibility for on-time delivery, supplier schedule, supplier capacity and change implementation.
- Ensure the team closely collaborate with all related departments (Category Management, Quality, Engineering, Supply Chain Quality, Operations, Finance) to achieve your goals and support the business strategy.
Your Day to Day:
- Enable the team to act as Launch Managers / Project Managers interfacing with suppliers on work-package level, leading multi-functional teams, managing contractual deliverables on-time, on-quality and supporting on-cost, end to end for the entire product life-cycle (including the different design milestones and their reviews; PDR, CDR, QR, etc.)
- Act as Lilium focal point for the Cells supply chain for assigned work-packages; towards contracted suppliers, and internally towards program, engineering, logistics, production, other stakeholders and senior leadership
- Ensure the team support Procurement and multi-functional teams in the development of commodity strategies, the sourcing and contracting phase, identifying potential suppliers, assessing suppliers’ risks (Quality, Delivery, Cost, Responsiveness), negotiating relative supply chain terms and conditions towards industrialization of new products
- Manage Supplier initial production-, ramp up- and serialization readiness and performance, supporting capability assessments
- Support the Supply Chain Quality Team to ensure supplier compliance to all defined quality requirements of the standard EASA Part 21-G and EN9100.
- Ensure Supply Chain Manufacturing Engineers lead elements of the supplier industrialization activities in line with the standard AS9145 (APQP - Advanced Product Quality Planning), achieving required MRL requirements.
- Ensure Manufacturing Engineering activities of suppliers are delivered within timeframe to protect program which include but not limited to Tooling/equipment/fixtures readiness, Process set up, DFM/DFX activities.
- Control and Manage the supplier‘s development, performance and improvement throughout the entire product lifecycle end to end, initiating reviews, recovery plans and corrective actions, and ensuring their implementation, while continuously using standard key-performance-indicators
- Monitor, control and manage all suppliers’ risks, opportunities and business continuity: including implementation of early warning systems and respective mitigation plans, in accordance to applicable Aerospace standards and or Lilium processes
- Manage supplier product change process, to ensure the right incorporation points and schedules
- Plan, design and implement capable supply chains on a total cost basis
- Ensure raw material is specified in supply chain definition and new product introduction
- Define and manage necessary supplier forecast-, inventory- and safety stock- plans for all assigned work-packages
- Define and implement the physical requirements ie transport, packaging and warehousing for new and existing parts that meet
- Minimum qualifications / education: Bachelor degree of Engineering and/or Business Administration, or equivalent. Professional Supply Chain accreditation is preferred (i.e APICS or ASCM)
- Minimum of 10 years proven experience in supply chain leadership or technical project management roles, preferably in Aerospace or Automotive.
- Past experience in of managing cross functional teams desirable
- Past experience in development environment (New Product Introduction) as well as serial production is highly desirable
- Can-do mindset, ability to understand and analyse a problem and come up with solutions.
- Customer-centric with a broad understanding of the business environment
- Willingness to travel on demand within EU as well as worldwide for supplier visits.
- Fluent English is essential. German and /or another language would be advantageous
- Eager to learn and adopt your style to a start-up environment; puts the team first; robust and enthusiastic about objectives; develops others; uses failure as learning experience; excellent communicator; ability to facilitate and lead workshops.
- Demonstrated cross-functional leadership within the corporate environment.
- Excellent analytical and evaluation skills with a sound technical understanding of the commodity.
- Must be a proactive, open, and direct communicator who engages comfortably and credibly at all levels of the organization.
- Knowledge of Lean principles, automation and serial production ramp up techniques would be a plus
Want to know more? Then view our 'Why join Lilium' page!
Life at Lilium:
The wellbeing of our employees is a high priority. In our HQ we have many initiatives such as free healthy food and drinks, free in-house gym and health days. In remote offices we offer online opportunities to stay connected and develop yourself as well including our culture club, learning terminal, Employee Assistance Program and many more.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.