Head of Manufacturing (Machine Centre)
A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. We take pride in pushing the boundaries of engineering, technology and customer experience.
As part of a team, you will tackle challenges and deliver something that has never been done before. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with a world-class entrepreneurial team of more than 800 people who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
You will always act with safety and integrity in mind and embody our core behaviors of efficient and positive collaboration, ownership of time, continuous improvements and, ultimately delivering results.
We thrive on diversity and creating an inclusive culture, with more than 50 nationalities currently working hard to bring our vision of a sustainable world to life.
At Lilium, we are breaking new ground, developing and manufacturing innovative electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL) aircraft. As we transition to high-volume production, we have created a new opportunity for a Head of Manufacturing!
Our Head of Manufacturing Center will manage the Machine Center, Technology Development Demonstrator (TDD) Procurement, CAD teams today, and the Prototyping Center in future.
This is a critical role ensuring production processes run smoothly and meeting quality, delivery, and cost targets.
Your Day to Day
Machine Center: managing operations to ensure efficient and effective functioning of machining processes. You will devise and implement best practices for machining high complexity components, monitoring and optimizing machine performance to achieve production targets.
TDD Procurement (Parts, Tooling for technical development demonstrator): you will coordinate with the team to ensure timely and cost-effective acquisition of tooling and Parts required for production. Collaborating with suppliers to maintain quality and delivery standards.
CAD: Lead the production design organization, including product design for manufacturability, Jigs, Tools and fixtures. Collaborating with design and engineering teams to optimize manufacturing processes.
Prototyping Center: Establish and manage the prototyping center, responsible for developing and testing prototypes. Ensure the center's readiness to support the product development process.
- Our Head of Manufacturing will build and develop a high-performing team to achieve production targets, devising and implementing robust training programs to enhance the teams’ skills.
- Prepare the Machine Center to act as an emergency second source supplier in case of supply chain disruptions; developing contingency plans to ensure continuity of production during supply shortages.
- Work towards securing necessary certifications for manufacturing Aircraft (AC) parts, ensuring compliance with relevant quality and safety standards.
- Manage technical projects aimed at ensuring the quality, delivery, and cost-effectiveness of shopfloor equipment, colllaborating with cross-functional teams to achieve project objectives.
- Establish strategies and plans to develop the Manufacturing Center department, implementing and qualifying processes within the Product Operational Architecture (POA) framework.
We are looking for a great communicator who bring people together and lead teams effectively in a fast-moving and ever-changing manufacturing environment. You should be comfortable working with new ideas, prioritizing tasks and motivating your team through success and failure as we build something completely new!
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering, with specialization in automotive, production, and/or aerospace Extensive, proven experience in machining high complexity components within the automotive, production, or aerospace industries.
- Expertise in driving continuous improvements, implementing ergonomics, ensuring Health, Safety & Environment (HS&E) compliance, and enhancing process capability.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office applications, Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems, Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES), and Computer-Aided Design (CAD) software.
- English language fluency is a requirement. German language fluency is desirable
Want to know more? Then view our 'Why join Lilium' page!
Life at Lilium:
The wellbeing of our employees is a high priority. In our HQ we have many initiatives such as free healthy food and drinks, free in-house gym and health days. In remote offices we offer online opportunities to stay connected and develop yourself as well including our culture club, learning terminal, Employee Assistance Program and many more.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.