Aircraft Performance Engineering Lead
A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. We take pride in pushing the boundaries of engineering, technology and customer experience.
As part of a team, you will tackle challenges and deliver something that has never been done before. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with a world-class entrepreneurial team of more than 800 people who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
You will always act with safety and integrity in mind and embody our core behaviors of efficient and positive collaboration, ownership of time, continuous improvements and, ultimately delivering results.
We thrive on diversity and creating an inclusive culture, with more than 50 nationalities currently working hard to bring our vision of a sustainable world to life.
Your Role and your Team:
We are looking for an exceptional Engineering Manager for Aircraft Performance, with proven aircraft development and certification experience to join our innovative team, to help us shape the future of urban e-mobility.
In this position, you will be responsible for leading and developing our team of Performance engineers. It will be your responsibility to define processes and tools to make this a reality. In addition, you will develop the technical strategy and vision for Aircraft Performance topics, considering the needs of Engineering and Operations.
You will report directly to the Head of Flight & Applied Sciences and work closely with other groups including Chief Engineering, Operations, and Flight-Testing departments. In addition to the managerial aspects of the role, you will have the opportunity to participate directly in the project and work within our cross-functional organisation to plan, coordinate and execute Aircraft Performance related deliverables on the path to certification.
Your Day to Day:
- Leading and managing the Aircraft Performance team including recruitment of skills, personal development and coaching
- Providing technical oversight and review all aspects of aircraft performance, including:
- Aircraft Performance modelling
- Aircraft Performance Flight Test Planning & Evaluation
- Generation of Performance data to support the design of the Aircraft and its Systems
- Generation of Performance data for Flight Manuals
- Certification of Aircraft Performance
- Support for Market and Sales activities
- Developing departmental processes, methods and tools
- Developing plans, schedules and budgets
- Managing the execution of all deliverables on time, at cost and to quality standards
- Participating directly in the development of deliverables and work products as appropriate
- Establish cross-functional partnerships, collaborations and supplier relationships where required
- Masters’ Degree or PhD in Aeronautics, Physics, Electrical / Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- 10+ years of experience in Aircraft Performance, or equally relevant field
- Extensive experience with certification under EASA and FAA standards
- Experience in processes & workflow creation, introduction, and management - especially processes linked to flight mechanics
- Well versed in requirements life cycle, from capturing to verification
- Excellent leadership of an interdisciplinary team
- Target-oriented, driven workstyle with analytic problem-solving skills
- Ability and willingness to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing work environment
- Fluent English language skills are essential, fluent German or any other language is beneficial
Want to know more? Then view our 'Why join Lilium' page!
Life at Lilium:
The wellbeing of our employees is a high priority. In our HQ we have many initiatives such as free healthy food and drinks, free in-house gym and health days. In remote offices we offer online opportunities to stay connected and develop yourself as well including our culture club, learning terminal, Employee Assistance Program and many more.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.