Digital Workplace Endpoint Management Architect
A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. We take pride in pushing the boundaries of engineering, technology and customer experience.
As part of a team, you will tackle challenges and deliver something that has never been done before. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with a world-class entrepreneurial team of more than 800 people who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
You will always act with safety and integrity in mind and embody our core behaviors of efficient and positive collaboration, ownership of time, continuous improvements and, ultimately delivering results.
We thrive on diversity and creating an inclusive culture, with more than 50 nationalities currently working hard to bring our vision of a sustainable world to life.
Your Role and Your Team
As part of the Digital Workplace team, you will be accountable for designing, implementing, and running Lilium’s endpoint platforms, services, and solutions.
Our IT team enables our business with flexible, scalable, fit-for-purpose and secure IT solutions, covering all areas from Endpoint Management, Identity and Access Management, Connectivity, Cloud platform engineering as well as highly secure, high performance and reliable datacenter services.
Your Day to Day
- Define the Endpoint Management service strategy and it´s technical architecture
- You are responsible for the maintenance and further development of our company-wide operating system deployment as well as our client, server, and mobile endpoints
- This includes upgrade and patch management as well as distribution of software
- You take a leading role in all endpoint management projects
- Technical coaching of team members in your area
- You oversee device enrollment, registering new devices and troubleshoot device issues
- Also, you are responsible for overall planning, provision, operation, and further development of Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI), SCCM & Intune on a global scale
- Provide international 2nd, and 3rd Level Support, as well as documentation of the Digital Workplace Services
- Stay current with best practices for continuous integration and delivery
- Collaborate with internal teams such as Cyber Security, Global IT and Business to assess requirements and propose robust and efficient solutions
- Responsible for developing, maintaining and operating procedures and user guides
- Bachelor’s degree in technology or computer science, or similar working experience
- 5-7 years' experience in managing endpoints with SCCM & Intune
- Good knowledge of PowerShell and PowerShell modules
- Basic knowledge of Linux and client networking
- Experience or strong knowledge with ITIL framework
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to detail and expert follow-up skills
- You can work in teams that consist of several nationalities and cultures
- Ability to work in a highly energetic, dynamic, and fast-moving environment
- High level of self-reliance with the ability to work in a team, as well as autonomously
- Fluent in English, spoken and written. German is a big plus
Certifications, Not Required but Helpful
- Microsoft 365 Certified: Modern Desktop Administrator Associate
- ITIL 4 Foundation
Want to know more? Then view our 'Why join Lilium' page!
Life at Lilium:
The wellbeing of our employees is a high priority. In our HQ we have many initiatives such as free healthy food and drinks, free in-house gym and health days. In remote offices we offer online opportunities to stay connected and develop yourself as well including our culture club, learning terminal, Employee Assistance Program and many more.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.