Composites Technician (m/f/d)
A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. We take pride in pushing the boundaries of engineering, technology and customer experience.
As part of a team, you will tackle challenges and deliver something that has never been done before. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with a world-class entrepreneurial team of more than 800 people who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
You will always act with safety and integrity in mind and embody our core behaviors of efficient and positive collaboration, ownership of time, continuous improvements and, ultimately delivering results.
We thrive on diversity and creating an inclusive culture, with more than 50 nationalities currently working hard to bring our vision of a sustainable world to life.
Design and manufacture electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL) aircraft.
Be part of a world-class team of leaders, experts, technicians and engineers working together to passionately transform our mobility.
Your role on the team:
You will report to the "Head of Composites Production" and work closely with our Aircraft Systems and Final Assembly teams.
We are looking for experienced and motivated professionals with a keen eye for detail and a strong safety awareness. You will build fiber composite components and assemblies for Lilium's revolutionary jets. This will include prototyping, as well as assisting with testing and ramping up to serial production. You will work closely with our manufacturing engineering team to provide feedback for design improvements to the Lilium jet.
This is your opportunity to join one of the fastest growing, best funded, and most exciting companies in the world, as well as be part of the Lilium Jet journey from the beginning.
- Responsibility for safety, on-time delivery, and quality in all phases of manufacturing
- Manufacturing high-performance components from CFRP-Prepreg
- Joining of carbon fiber assemblies
- Hand laminate from composite materials
- Collaborate to identify opportunities for improvement
- Collaborate cross-functionally with related departments including manufacturing planning, equipment and tooling, and repair solutions
- Completed technical education or comparable qualification
- Several years of professional experience in prepreg manufacturing techniques, including vacuum bag processing and autoclave processes
- Knowledge and experience in tool preparation and hand lay-up of prepreg materials
- Proficient in cutting, trimming and machining composite parts within tight tolerances using hand tools
- Experience using ovens, autoclaves, laser projectors and automated cutting machines
Ability to read documentation and work according to instructions – even in English!
Want to know more? Then view our 'Why join Lilium' page!
Life at Lilium:
The wellbeing of our employees is a high priority. In our HQ we have many initiatives such as free healthy food and drinks, free in-house gym and health days. In remote offices we offer online opportunities to stay connected and develop yourself as well including our culture club, learning terminal, Employee Assistance Program and many more.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.