Analysis Engineer - Energy Storage System
A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. We take pride in pushing the boundaries of engineering, technology and customer experience.
As part of a team, you will tackle challenges and deliver something that has never been done before. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with a world-class entrepreneurial team of more than 800 people who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
You will always act with safety and integrity in mind and embody our core behaviors of efficient and positive collaboration, ownership of time, continuous improvements and, ultimately delivering results.
We thrive on diversity and creating an inclusive culture, with more than 50 nationalities currently working hard to bring our vision of a sustainable world to life.
Analysis Engineer - Energy Storage System
The Role :
We are looking for an outstanding stress engineer with a proven industry track record to join our innovative team and shape the future of urban e-mobility. Take ownership of the stress analysis of battery cell and their housings. Simulate and correlate complete battery cell, module, and pack designs and their integration with analytical calculations and/or numerical methods. In this position you will become part of the rapidly growing Calculation Department. You will report to the Team Lead Stress and working closely with engineers from various disciplines in cross-functional Cell Technology Team. We use state-of-the-art systems to deliver rapid results and encourage innovative thinking to achieve the best solutions.
Your Day to Day:
- Sizing and stress analysis of aircraft structural components and their interfaces
- Characterize battery related materials and develop advanced material models for analysis.
- Develop state of art finite element (FE) models from cell to pack level.
- Perform advanced analyses to evaluate and enhance understanding the behaviour of the cell as an integral aircraft sub-system component under both static and dynamic events under consideration of thermal loads.
- Hold responsibility for numerical modelling, analysis runs, post-processing and reporting of the results.
- Support analysis validation and verification activities including test support through the complete development cycle of the battery systems and cells.
- Hold responsibility for all structural analysis methods relevant to energy storage systems, as well as their development and continuous improvement. Communicate the necessary updates with methods & tools team.
- Collaborate closely with Engineers from Mechanical Design, Cells Technology, Manufacturing and System Testing.
- Author and review high quality technical documentation
- Sc./M.Eng. or PhD in Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related field is required
- 5+ years of experience in structural analysis, with application to aircraft or energy storage structures
- Extensive working experience with commercial (knowledge of OptiStruct, Nastran and their corresponding pre/post-processors is of preference) FE codes tools is a must. Knowledge of explicit FE codes (i.e., LS-DYNA, Radioss) is beneficial.
- Knowledge of stress & fatigue and structural dynamics (vibration /frequency response function) analysis methods following established standards
- Strong experience with composite materials and their structural behavior. Working knowledge of adhesives and non-structural materials (i.e., foam and rubber materials).
- Experience in battery cell modelling (both on structural/vehicle level and module/cell level).
- In-depth understanding of the loading scenarios and mechanical behavior of vehicle
- High level of self-reliance with the ability to work in a team, as well as autonomously.
- Target-oriented, driven work style with analytic problem-solving skills
- Fluent English language skills are essential.
Want to know more? Then view our 'Why join Lilium' page!
Life at Lilium:
The wellbeing of our employees is a high priority. In our HQ we have many initiatives such as free healthy food and drinks, free in-house gym and health days. In remote offices we offer online opportunities to stay connected and develop yourself as well including our culture club, learning terminal, Employee Assistance Program and many more.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.