Aerospace System Verification Engineer (Middle/Senior/ Principal)
A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. We take pride in pushing the boundaries of engineering, technology and customer experience.
As part of a team, you will tackle challenges and deliver something that has never been done before. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with a world-class entrepreneurial team of more than 800 people who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
You will always act with safety and integrity in mind and embody our core behaviors of efficient and positive collaboration, ownership of time, continuous improvements and, ultimately delivering results.
We thrive on diversity and creating an inclusive culture, with more than 50 nationalities currently working hard to bring our vision of a sustainable world to life.
Role and Interview Process:
The role is based in Munich, and Lilium supports relocation and visa sponsorship.
This role is a universal pool for multiple key jobs Lilium has in the Software Intensive Systems department.
After the first technical interview, we will align with you on the role's seniority and the system that you might be a good fit for. You will be able to choose from the following domains:
- Flight Control
- Battery Management System
- Actuation and Motor Control
- Software Platforms
Within 1 week from application, we will review your CV with a hiring team. In case of success, you will be invited for an interview or a technical case study.
About Your Future Team:
- The history of the team goes back to summer 2017 when the first several engineers joined Lilium. These enthusiastic and world-class experts had a strong vision about changing the aerospace and software development process. After 6 years, the majority of the first visionaries still stand with Lilium, demonstrating exceptional performance and progress. As a part of the hiring process, you will meet these people, so feel free to ask them about their personal journey.
- Our Software team has more than 20 nationalities among its 50+ members. The average aerospace experience is 10+ years. Every year, at least 10% of the team members either get a promotion or have the ability to perform horizontal moves to obtain new skills and expertise.
- We praise collaboration. The time in aerospace when there was a strong separation between "System" and "Software" is gone. Systems of modern aircraft have become more complex and advanced. We manage complexity by pushing Model-Based Design to new levels and letting Systems and Software Engineers work on the same models in a collaborative environment.
Your Tasks and Day-to-Day:
- Participate in the functional development, validation, and verification of system requirements for eVTOL aircraft.
- Work closely with software verification, electronics, handling qualities, test rigs, and simulator development teams.
- Serve as the expert for coordinating activities with various departments and certification authorities.
- Contribute to all aspects of the system and manage its complete validation and verification cycle.
- Write and review certification documents, integration and V&V plans, and work directly with compliance demonstration for regulatory requirements.
- Perform system planning activities and validate requirements for subsystems and components, with a special focus on reusing V&V strategies for similar components.
- Define a verification reuse concept across multiple levels (System, Item, Software).
- Collaborate with other departments and external suppliers to find the simplest and most elegant solutions.
- Develop and execute tests in a Model-in-the-loop and Hardware-in-the-loop environment.
- Continuously learn new things and share knowledge with team members.
- 5+ years of experience in the validation and verification of ATA-27/ATA-30/ATA-72 systems in the aerospace industry.
- BA/MA in Aerospace Engineering, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or a related field.
- MBSE/MBD system engineering, with a focus on aerospace applications, is a plus.
- Experience in whole-aircraft certification programs, particularly Part 25 (knowledge of Part 23 is a plus).
- Deep knowledge of ARP-4754A is mandatory, with familiarity with DO-178C and DO-331 being highly advantageous.
- Experience in completing certification programs or involvement in audits conducted by EASA/FAA or similar national agencies.
- Experience in supplier management, regulatory material, and certification requirements.
- Experience in authoring and executing automated test scripts, as well as performing manual testing. Work on engineering flight simulators and complex systems integration facilities.
- Hands-on experience with Model-Based Development Methods and Tools, such as MathWorks.
- Possess a target-oriented and driven work style with analytical problem-solving skills.
- Fluent English language skills are essential, while fluency in German or any other language would be beneficial.
Want to know more? Then view our 'Why join Lilium' page!
Life at Lilium:
The wellbeing of our employees is a high priority. In our HQ we have many initiatives such as free healthy food and drinks, free in-house gym and health days. In remote offices we offer online opportunities to stay connected and develop yourself as well including our culture club, learning terminal, Employee Assistance Program and many more.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.