Chief of Staff (m/f/x)
Recruiter: Yulia Linkova
KONUX is a dynamic and fast-growing technology company that is transforming the way railway industry works. Our AI-powered solutions empower our customers to make smarter, data-driven decisions, and our culture is fueled by grit, ingenuity, and credibility - we believe that these values are essential to unlocking the potential of technology and making a real impact. At KONUX, we are passionate about driving innovation in the fields of IoT and AI, and we are looking for like-minded individuals to join our team.
We are seeking a Chief of Staff (m/f/x) to join our team of innovators. In this role, you’ll be the glue connecting top management, our wider staff and external stakeholders. Serving as the right-hand person to the CEO, you’ll be the operator behind the scenes ensuring all trains run on time (excuse the pun). You’ll own and operationalize our strategy, lead cross-functional projects with all-company impact and unlock time for the executive team by managing delegated tasks. Ideal for an experienced professional with a background in business operations, strategy or management consulting looking to have a direct impact on driving our company’s success as we scale up.
- Support the CEO to ensure that he has the time and space to work on the most important topics for the company
- Be a sparring partner and trusted confidante for the CEO
- Lead special, often cross-functional projects that are important for the company, e.g. overhauling our strategic goal-setting process, coordinating board site visits and supporting fundraising rounds
- Hold the CEO accountable for his commitments to the company while keeping leadership accountable for results
- Amplify and improve the CEO’s communication inside and outside the organization, ensuring the right messages reach investors, board, leadership and staff at the right time
- Own quarterly board meetings, from scheduling to presentation development to follow-through post-meeting
- Manage investor relations via regular reporting
- Take over delegated responsibilities from the CEO and executive team to maximize their time for strategic priorities, e.g. shaping and facilitating workshops, operationalizing strategy, etc.
To be successful in this role, you'll need to have
Note: as a delegate of the top management of the company, there are many different ways to excel in this role. As a result, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet all requirements:
- Minimum of 6 years’ relevant experience: in a former life, you may have worked at a blue chip management consulting company, held a leadership position focused on business operations or strategy in a start-up or scale-up, or been a chief of staff
- A high level of business acumen and analytical skills: you know what operational excellence looks like, and how to adjust processes, team composition or operating models to achieve it
- Entrepreneurial attitude: you get stuff done with little input, remain calm under pressure and operate easily in ambiguity
- Ability to earn a high degree of trust and inspire confidence at every level of the company - whether as sparring partner for the CEO, driver of management or champion for the full team
- First-class interpersonal and communication skills: you can build relationships with and convince anyone, whether in a hallway chat or meeting, through your writing and presentation design or while presenting yourself
- An uncanny ability to convert complexity into clarity
- Full working proficiency in English (written and spoken), German is a plus
Why join us
💸 Competitive salary
📉 Equity (all permanent KONUX employees have equity!)
📖 Dedicated Learning & Development budget of 3.600€ p.a.
🏠 Comprehensive relocation support if this opportunity at KONUX requires you to move
👨💻 Hybrid working model: Meet your colleagues in the office minimum 2 days per week
🏢 Modern workspace with cool rooftop with mountain view
💻 Flexible working conditions, home office equipment and free choice between a Windows or Apple laptop
❤️🩹 Health benefits supporting your physical and mental well-being, e.g wellpass/gym membership and mental health app license
🍒Fruits, snacks and beverages for energy and our very own Oma cooking in office every Thursday
👴 Company pension scheme
🙌 Access to Corporate Benefits and Future Bens
🌴 27 vacation days (+1 day on every work anniversary for 3 years)
💁 Volunteering activities (2 additional days off)
🍻 Company and team events
🐶 We are a pet-friendly company, so your four-legged friend can join you in office!
Sounds exciting? We are looking forward to hearing from you!
At KONUX, we believe that a diverse team achieves better results faster. So here’s the deal: You bring in your very own perspective. We promise to judge your qualifications and performance, not your age, sex, religion, skin color, gender identity, family status or disability.