Senior Backend Engineer (m/f/x)
Recruiter: Yulia Linkova
Transform Railway Operations for a Sustainable Future
KONUX is a dynamic and fast-growing technology company that is transforming the way the railway industry works. Our AI-powered solutions empower our customers to make smarter, data-driven decisions, and our culture is fueled by grit, ingenuity, and credibility - we believe that these values are essential to unlocking the potential of technology and making a real impact. At KONUX, we are passionate about driving innovation in the fields of IoT and AI, and we are looking for like-minded individuals to join our team.
We are seeking a Senior Backend Engineer (m/f/x) to join our team of innovators. In this role, you will be at the forefront of developing groundbreaking solutions that solve real-world problems. You will work alongside a team of experts who are committed to pushing the boundaries of what's possible and driving innovation forward. If you're a go-getter who's not afraid to think outside the box, we want to hear from you. You'll be a key driver of our culture, helping to ensure that our values are embedded in everything we do.
- You’ll work in a cross-functional team developing the backend to deliver features to our customers and internal users.
- You own your designs and code throughout the full product life cycle and keep other team members accountable to meet goals.
- You’ll actively engage in discussions about customer problems and our products providing your ideas how to solve current challenges.
- You always look for ways how to push the boundary to find the best possible solution.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need to have
- 5+ years of experience writing production code in Python and Java (Spring Boot)
- 3+ years of experience developing backend functionality within a cloud environment, preferably AWS (Lambdas, Dynamo DB, API Gateway, EventBridge…), using Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with various database technologies and understand their strengths and weaknesses.
- You’re eager to continuously learn and open to support other domains like Frontend, Data Engineering, or DevOps.
- You’re comfortable taking the lead for a topic and an excellent communicator across the whole organization.
- You're a problem-solver who enjoys tackling complex challenges and owns the outcome.
Why Join Us
💸 Competitive salary
📉 Equity (all permanent KONUX employees have equity!)
📖 Dedicated Learning & Development budget of 3.600€ p.a.
🏠 Comprehensive relocation support if you do not live in or around Munich, Germany
👨💻 Hybrid working model: Meet your colleagues in the office minimum 2 days per week
🏢 Modern workspace with cool rooftop with mountain view
💻 Flexible working conditions, home office equipment and free choice between a Windows or Apple laptop
❤️🩹 Health benefits supporting your physical and mental well-being, e.g wellpass/gym membership and mental health app license
🍒Fruits, snacks and beverages for energy and our very own Oma cooking in office every Thursday
👴 Company pension scheme
🙌 Access to Corporate Benefits and Future Bens
🌴 27 vacation days (+1 day on every work anniversary for 3 years)
💁 Volunteering activities (2 additional days off)
🍻 Company and team events
🐶 We are a pet-friendly company, so your four-legged friend can join you in office!
At KONUX, we believe that a diverse team achieves better results faster. So here’s the deal: You bring in your very own perspective. We promise to judge your qualifications and performance, not your age, sex, religion, skin color, gender identity, family status or disability.