Embedded Software Engineer (m/f/d)
Your mission would be to bring the internal onboard control systems such as the main computer, engine control unit and telemetry unit to life by providing low to mid-level real-time software. You would be working on low level drivers and functionalities to mid-level software such as state machines, data conversions and configuration management. You also will be working on tooling like our CI/CD-pipeline and extra tools/systems which are needed to develop and use our embedded system. You will play a very critical role in ensuring the code quality is held at high standards for our safety critical software.
More specifically, you will:
- Perform DevOps in Python
- Develop tools for testing and development in python
- Contribute within the development of safety critical embedded real time software for various rocket systems
- Be responsible for software coding and debugging in C/C++
- Be responsible for software integration and analysis
- Be responsible for specification / tracing of software requirements
Who you are and what you have
- BSc’s/MSc degree in Computer Science, Electronic Engineering or similar
- Proficient experience with Python or a similar programming language
- Experience in C/C++
- Experience in Embedded Systems
- Experience with Git
- Experience with Linux
- Passionate about new space, curious and eager to learn.
- Driven to deliver and constantly push the boundaries
- Take ownership and accountability for your own actions and mistakes
- Humble and willing to go out of your way to help others
- Can-do attitude and outstanding communication skills
- Fluent English
Nice to Have:
- Experience with CI (Continuous Integration)
- Experience with databases
- Experience with Grafana
- Experience with ethernet
- Good understanding of electronics
- Experience with Linux development
- 30 days holiday
- Subsidised lunch
- Individual learning budget
- Virtual company shares
- Wellpass Sport Clubs membership
- Customized company pension plan
Who we are
We are Isar Aerospace and we are at the forefront of New Space building a modern space business to enable faster, better and cheaper access to space.
Our mission is to help democratise space and use it for good in order to improve life on Earth now and for the future generations.
We are a fast-growing company aiming to provide sustainable and environmentally friendly launch solutions for small and medium-sized satellites and constellations into Low Earth Orbit. The company is privately funded by world-leading technology investors with strong commitment and support and our team is made of driven and talented people with a real passion for space innovation.
We're making rockets in a way that hasn't been done before disrupting a traditional industry. If you are up for the challenge, want to work on cutting-edge projects and be part of a team changing the world for better, come, join us and launch your career!
Want to find out more about us?