Technical Program Manager (m/f/d)
- Senior level position to support the company with their product goals
- Work often across organizations with leadership to manage the development and release of products
- Business professional who oversees one or many projects for a company. TPMs oversee all aspects of a project, from defining its requirements to evaluating the finished product.
- TPMs often work with engineers to establish technology and product architecture for companies.
- TPMs bring enough technical depth and understanding that they don’t need to waste an engineers’ time by bringing them into meetings to describe a solution. The TPM already has the technical depth to do this which is more than a traditional project manager can do in most cases.
More specifically, you will:
- TPMs are in charge of handling all aspects of one to many technical projects for their organization
- TPMs at Isar Aerospace work the full life-cycle of projects from idea generation through deployment and optimize the full release value stream
- Defining requirements: work with internal & external stakeholders to understand their technical and program requirements; derive from this the resources, timeline and staffing
- Defining project scopes: TPM have to manage different projects also in different project phases; TPM defines timelines, scope and quality of each project
- Managing schedules: TPM might oversee the overall schedule of a program; this will include coordinating efforts between technical teams and staff from other departments
- Testing and reviewing solutions: TPM perform general testing to ensure the product operates as expected and provide evidence of a sufficient qualification status of products
- Generating reports: TPM have to generate different reports for different stakeholders in an organization (e.g. to leadership or technical managers). These reports could help to make decisions on future progress or monitor the quality of team performance
Who you are and what you have
- Communicate with several people from different teams and levels, from explaining complex technical issues up to leadership briefing
- You will use technical skills and experience to oversee the development of products for a company. This involves high-level knowledge of the organizatio´s technology capabilities and technical skills. Not necessarily hands-on technical work needed but this knowledge helps to support the teams and helps to accurately plan for new programs.
- You will use of project management frameworks e.g. agile project management; perform schedule management, budget management, risk management; apply problem-solving and strategic thinking skills; use negotiation skills; perform sub-co management
- You should have leadership skills: not necessarily having people lead but also leading teams and team members also across teams; Having strong leadership skills includes the ability to motivate people and think of innovative ways to solve problems. TPM have to create program road maps that detail tasks and milestones for people to complete while developing a product, so it can help to ensure each person knows their role and the goals so that everyone shares the same desire for product success.
- you should also have business knowledge: Though a highly technical job, TPMs also use basic business knowledge in their roles. This means understanding how organizations structure their business and technology departments and basic financial concepts, like budgeting and profit.
Nice to Have:
- Strong experience in leading agile teams is a clear added value for our company
- 30 days holiday
- Subsidised lunch
- Individual learning budget
- Virtual company shares
- Qualitrain Sport Clubs membership
- Customized company pension plan
Who we are
We are Isar Aerospace and we are at the forefront of New Space building a modern space business to enable faster, better and cheaper access to space.
Our mission is to help democratise space and use it for good in order to improve life on Earth now and for the future generations.
We are a fast-growing company aiming to provide sustainable and environmentally friendly launch solutions for small and medium-sized satellites and constellations into Low Earth Orbit. The company is privately funded by world-leading technology investors with strong commitment and support and our team is made of driven and talented people with a real passion for space innovation.
We're making rockets in a way that hasn't been done before disrupting a traditional industry. If you are up for the challenge, want to work on cutting-edge projects and be part of a team changing the world for better, come, join us and launch your career!
Want to find out more about us?