Avionics Technician (m/f/d)
You are going to be responsible for various avionics manufacturing and testing tasks.
This could include the following tasks:
- Build and test harnesses for our micro launcher Spectrum or testing applications
- Assemble and test avionics units for development or Spectrum
- Support during the integration of harnesses and units on to the engines and launch vehicle
- Run functional and environmental tests on avionics units (thermal and vibration)
- Document manufacturing and testing tasks using MES/PLM
- Challenge and suggest improvements to the engineering designs
- Improve the efficiency of existing processes and implement new ones when necessary
- Support the rest of Production and Avionics in their daily tasks
- Procure tools and maintain the material stock for harnessing and unit assemblies
- Support in the handling of the electronics lab
Who you are and what you have
- Technical training degree / apprenticeship in relevant fields; for example, “Fluggeräteelektroniker”
- At least 2 years of hands-on experience in the production and assembly of wiring harnesses and electronic units
- Practical knowledge with general electrical/electronic equipment
- Practical experience with tools for cutting, crimping, and positioning of wires, preferably with tools common in the aerospace industry
- Practical experience in soldering PCBs, wires, and connectors
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office products and other common software
- Highly organised and proactive with high attention to details
- Fluent in English, knowledge of German would be an advantage
- Experience with MES, ERP, and/or PLM systems
- Knowledge of sensors/sensor signals and test equipment
- Experience with automated harness testing equipment
- Experience running thermal or vibration tests
- 30 days holiday
- Subsidised lunch
- Individual learning budget
- Virtual company shares
- Qualitrain Sport Clubs membership
- Customized company pension plan
We also offer:
- Rental clothing with laundry service
- Flexible working hours
- Free snacks and fruit
- Free drinks and coffee
- Break area with fully equipped kitchen
- Parking spaces directly in front of the building
- Regular subsidised team events
- Personal and team bonus system
Who we are
We are Isar Aerospace and we are at the forefront of New Space building a modern space business to enable faster, better and cheaper access to space.
Our mission is to help democratise space and use it for good in order to improve life on Earth now and for the future generations.
We are a fast-growing company aiming to provide sustainable and environmentally friendly launch solutions for small and medium-sized satellites and constellations into Low Earth Orbit. The company is privately funded by world-leading technology investors with strong commitment and support and our team is made of driven and talented people with a real passion for space innovation.
We're making rockets in a way that hasn't been done before disrupting a traditional industry. If you are up for the challenge, want to work on cutting-edge projects and be part of a team changing the world for better, come, join us and launch your career!
Want to find out more about us?