Controls & Automation Engineer (m/f/d)
The Controls & Automation Engineer will design, maintain, troubleshoot and upgrade the control system of the Isar Aerospace rocket launch facility near Andenes (Andoya), Norway and will be technical responsible for both software and hardware elements of the control system. There will be close collaboration with the Isar Munich control systems team for work on both this facility.
The Controls & Automation Engineer will be involved in day to day operations, and will work alongside other engineers to operate the facility. It is expected that there will be a close connection to the other engineers, and development of a deep understanding of facility systems and requirements.
More specifically, you will:
- Develop PLC software for existing and future control systems in Andoya
- Design PLC hardware setups and PLC-related networks
- Perform risk analyses and design safety-critical electrical systems
- Commission control systems and maintain/upgrade them
- Be the responsible for hardware and software related topics
- Perform rocket launch operations as part of the local engineering and operations team
Who you are and what you have
- A degree in electrical engineering, automation technology, or similar, or a certified engineer (‘staatlich geprüfter Techniker’) in automation technology Experience
- At least 2 years of experience in automation and PLC technology
- Experience in the field of PLC programming (soft-PLC) and commissioning preferably using Beckhoff TwinCAT 3 or CODESYS based systems
- Experience in giving technical support and troubleshooting in the field and remotely
- Knowledge about fieldbus systems
- Basic understanding of electrical schematics Languages
- Fluent in English
Nice to Have:
- Knowledge of sensors/sensor signals and test equipment
- Experience designing and building PLC systems to EU and international standards, preferably with Beckhoff controllers
- Experience with functional safety system design and implementation
- 30 days holiday
- Customized company pension plan
- Subsidised lunch
- Healthcare Insurance
- Employee Participation Program
- Referral bonus
- Company events
- Sport membership
Who we are
We are Isar Aerospace and we are at the forefront of New Space building a modern space business to enable faster, better and cheaper access to space.
Our mission is to help democratise space and use it for good in order to improve life on Earth now and for the future generations.
We are a fast-growing company aiming to provide sustainable and environmentally friendly launch solutions for small and medium-sized satellites and constellations into Low Earth Orbit. The company is privately funded by world-leading technology investors with strong commitment and support and our team is made of driven and talented people with a real passion for space innovation.
We're making rockets in a way that hasn't been done before disrupting a traditional industry. If you are up for the challenge, want to work on cutting-edge projects and be part of a team changing the world for better, come, join us and launch your career!
Want to find out more about us?