Sales Manager Commercial Launch (m/f/d)
Isar Aerospace is looking for a passionate, analytical, and inquisitive individual to contribute to our mission of democratizing access to space. The Sales Manager will report to our Chief Commercial Officer (CCO) and be part of the wider Commercial team. As a Sales Manager, you will be responsible for selling launch services to new and existing customers worldwide. You’ll have a great deal of autonomy and oversee customers for Spectrum’s dedicated, lead and rideshare missions. Our team is lean, and decisions are made quickly, so you will have the opportunity to demonstrate a solution-driven (“can do”) mentality and a great deal of collaboration.
More specifically, you will:
- Support the sales of Isar Aerospace’s launch services by leading the sales process from first contact to contract to generate revenue by selling launch services to new and existing customers worldwide
- Support the expanding of Isar Aerospace’s launch services to international markets and customers, also to customers not directly in space
- Develop a sales strategy together with the CCO, utilize selling and business development techniques and implement new structures and process to streamline the Sales process
- Identify and secure new business opportunities by establishing relationships with the key decision makers and influencers in the various organizations, understanding their current and future needs
- Coordinate mission performance and customer requirements with technical teams and meet with the executive team to review business development opportunities, strategy, and the current market landscape
- Represent Isar Aerospace in conferences and company events
- Prepare customer presentations and meetings and support the development of product information brochures and prepare and support the live marketing and customer experience activities in close collaboration with the Communications / Marketing and Mission and Launch Operations teams
Who you are and what you have
- Bachelor’s degree in business or an engineering discipline
- 5 years or more of experience with strategic business planning, business development, and sales in aerospace or other highly technical industry
- Experience working with cross-functional team and external customers
- Strong interpersonal, presentation, and negotiation skills
- Strong analytical skills in business and technical issues
- Outstanding writing skills and ability to communicate information to multiple audiences
- Highly detail oriented, diligent, and hard working with excellent customer interface skills
- Excellent organization skills to effectively plan and manage work, respond to conflicting demands on an ad-hoc basis and prioritize appropriately
- Willingness to travel
- Fluent in English written and spoken
Nice to have:
- Fluent in German, French or other languages are a plus
- 30 days holiday
- Subsidised lunch
- Individual learning budget
- Virtual company shares
- Qualitrain Sport Clubs membership
- Customized company pension plan
Who we are
We are Isar Aerospace and we are at the forefront of New Space building a modern space business to enable faster, better and cheaper access to space.
Our mission is to help democratise space and use it for good in order to improve life on Earth now and for the future generations.
We are a fast-growing company aiming to provide sustainable and environmentally friendly launch solutions for small and medium-sized satellites and constellations into Low Earth Orbit. The company is privately funded by world-leading technology investors with strong commitment and support and our team is made of driven and talented people with a real passion for space innovation.
We're making rockets in a way that hasn't been done before disrupting a traditional industry. If you are up for the challenge, want to work on cutting-edge projects and be part of a team changing the world for better, come, join us and launch your career!
Something looks off?